Tried my first Russian MRE. Nat Guard 24hr

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
JediMindTricks

Tried my first Russian MRE. Nat Guard 24hr

Post by JediMindTricks » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi friends. I bought my first Russian ration from ForeignMRE, thank you Art & Nina.
I wanted to try a Russian MRE. My grandma was Russian. Lived in Murmansk for like 20+ years.

I bought the 24hr National Guard.
This was menu 2

The inside looked very familiar, as I have seen many reviews. Nothing besides the crackers broke or busted, so YAY!

Here are my 3 main dishes. Rice kasha with beef, Tushonka, chicken with green beans and veggies.

Here are the snack/secondary items. Liver pashtet, Vegetable caviar, plum jam, smoked/cream cheese

And here is the misc, the crackers, salt, pepper, sugar 3 packs, 6 moist towelettes, 2 black tea, 1 standard russian instant coffee, lemon drink mix, portable stove, fuel tablets, rainproof matches, and a cereal bar.

Here are two main dishes, the rice kasha and the tushonka.
The rice looked nice and moist, not too much beef, smelled great. Standard soviet spices, salt, lil bit of pepper, the beed had bay leaf flavor. It turned out to be a bit dry underneath. But, you see in the photo how much rendered fat there is in the tushonka tin. The secret is to combine these two dishes in a mess tin or bowl :) and it becomes this fatty, soupy, beefy, goodness.

The biscuits, as you probably already know, have zero taste, not even cardboard. But they are good to crumble up and add to the fatty tushonka.

The pashtet has a strange gray substance on the top of it. As you see in the pic. But...I thought WWS1989D? (What would Steve1989 Do?)
So I just took it off, it was very thin, and perfectly fine underneath. It was pretty darn good with the biscuits.

The russian version of creme cheese, it was not good, just a dry rubber chew toy. Not like I remember in my childhood.

The plum jelly was mmm mmm good. Tasted so fresh, not overly sweet.

The one cold water drink mix was a lemon flavor. Or so it said on the package. I could not taste anything besides a bit of sweetness from the sugar.

The fruit bar, or whatever its supposed to be, well...whatever flavor it was supposed to have...wasn't there. But I'm sure it still has nutritional value...maybe? It smelled good though.

YAY. Done.
I'm satisfied that I finally got to try one!
Image Image Image

archapma-0
eBay name: archapma-0

Re: Tried my first Russian MRE. Nat Guard 24hr

Post by archapma-0 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Very good review Igor. The pictures where perfect.

Art and Nina

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRAfDN ... subscriber

Teddydogno1

Post by Teddydogno1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Good review! Thanks.

Rob

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Great review, thanks for sharing! :)