Thai MRE Menu 1 and 2

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
ItCameFromThailand

Thai MRE Menu 1 and 2

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 pm

I started a YouTube channel that isn't really for MRE's specifically, but Thai MRE's are all that I have on there so far. I will eventually have other Thai stuff on there, mostly instant foods. A lot of it is in retort pouches and cans, so some of you might be interested in that as well. Here's what I have so far. Thanks for checking it out.

Sailswish

Re: Thai MRE Menu 1 and 2

Post by Sailswish » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Excellent, intelligent review from someone who knows Thai cuisine! Is that a digitized voice narration? I noticed a slight glitch.

ItCameFromThailand

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 pm

I have some vocal processing on my voice. Maybe I turned some knobs a little too high. Thanks for watching.

Teddydogno1

Post by Teddydogno1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Thanks for doing these reviews. And keeping me from spending money on these rations. Sounds like they are NOT worth what they cost here in the States when they are available.

Rob

ItCameFromThailand

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:47 pm

There are definitely better options given how much you will probably have to pay to get these. I wonder though if they would taste different if they were fresh. The ones I have seem to have spent a lot of time at very hot temperatures. They may have been much more flavorful at one point. Thanks for checking out the videos.

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:44 pm

What a shame that this ration isnt well produced! I'm pretty sure the soldiers would be quite happy with those meals if they had quality as they look like they have similar dishes to what they would eat at home...
Your videos are surprisingly good! i've subbed, thai stuff is interesting and you have a great production! the off voice works really well, i think i'll try that the next ration video i make...
I think i would love too to get some good instant curry and some precooked rice like in the Japanese rats rather than this one, its true that the curry looks way too watery...
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

ItCameFromThailand

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 pm

You know it's funny you mention that, I just ate a Japanese ration a few days ago for the first time and am making a video on it now. The rice is much, much better in that one, even though it is a year and a half past the best before date. Other than Thai stuff, Japanese curry is probably my favorite food. I have been thinking i might just put Japanese foods on my channel too. It can't hurt at this point, seeing as no one watches the channel much anyway.

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 am

Yeah, it is just on the way to me. Maybe-as an European- I will have lower expectations for rice and curry quality. Anyway I will eat and review it for curiosity as you've said :)
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

ItCameFromThailand

Post by ItCameFromThailand » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:04 am

The guy who sells them has all 4 up with "buy it now" on ebay. $54 USD shipped. I'm interested to hear more people's opinions, especially on the rice. In the menu 3 video I'm doing now I compare it to a super cheap retort curry.

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 am

I found a vendor in Thailand and bought a couple retort curries for 8.97 shipped to US. Panang Curry.