Lithuanian Ration - Menu 4

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Lithuanian Ration - Menu 4

Post by parafireboy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Greetings, Rationauts! I recently got a case of Lithuanian rations in, so today I decided to make one of them my lunch. I went with menu 4, which is stewed pork with groats in sauce.
IMG_4446.JPG
Let's open it up and see what we have. . .
IMG_4448.JPG
It contained the following:

- Entree.
- A four pack of crackers / biscuits.
- Accessory packet with fuel tablets, matches, a small zip tie, and a wet wipe.
- A tub of honey.
- Lemon beverage mix.
- A folding stove.
- A flameless ration heater.
- A bag of hazelnuts.
- A tea bag.
- A plastic spoon.
- A pair of chocolate bars.

I heated the entree in my ration heater and got it plated on a 1966 US military melamine tray.
IMG_4450.JPG
I enjoyed this ration. The main entree was a little on the greasy side, but was seasoned well and tasted good. The groats were cooked well. It went very well with some of the crackers. I used two of the crackers with the entree and two with the honey. The crackers are quite hard, but are some of my favorite crackers / biscuits of any ration. The hazelnuts were non-salted, and tasted good. The lemon beverage mix was very good, and the chocolate in the Lithuanian rations is amazing. Some of the best chocolate in any ration pack. Interesting that these rations do not contain salt, only sugar for the beverage. The honey had crystallized, but still tasted very good. I didn't use the FRH, but I know from past experience that the FRH from the Lithuanian rations is a powerhouse of heat.
IMG_4451.JPG
IMG_4452.JPG
Since I like the number ration system that some people use in their reviews, I'll give it a shot with this one.

Overall Satisfaction: 8/10
Entree (overall): 7/10
Crackers: 10/10
Beverage: 9.5/10
Satiation: 9/10
Chocolate: 10/10

Overall, it was a good ration, and I wouldn't hesitate to have it again. It filled me up for the rest of the day, and tasted good.

Thanks for reading!

Synthpeter

Re: Lithuanian Ration - Menu 4

Post by Synthpeter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Nice review. Looks tasty, so now I need to get some of those as well :x :mrgreen:

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 am

Great stuff man, your experience with this one was very similar to the Menu #5 I had a couple weeks ago.
Lithuanian rations are perhaps one of the most under-rated rations that you can find.
I HAVE to get a whole case at some point in the future.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

sparkingdogg
eBay name: sparkingdogg

Post by sparkingdogg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Great review! I have some to try, looking forward to it even more now.
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil and MRE coffee in the morning!

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Post by Conrad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:11 pm

I missed this, but as you know parafireboy I like these a lot, always keep some of the pork and beef versions around these days. Useful and quick rations

parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Conrad wrote:I missed this, but as you know parafireboy I like these a lot, always keep some of the pork and beef versions around these days. Useful and quick rations
They are useful, indeed! Not too much so that you're overloading on calories, but enough that you won't be hungry for some time. Definitely a good ration pack for a single meal.

parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:44 pm

sparkingdogg wrote:Great review! I have some to try, looking forward to it even more now.
Thanks! I think they do a pretty good job on these rations, so hopefully you'll have a good experience with yours as well. Be sure to share your experience with us when you do crack one open! :)

parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm

BTemple wrote:Great stuff man, your experience with this one was very similar to the Menu #5 I had a couple weeks ago.
Lithuanian rations are perhaps one of the most under-rated rations that you can find.
I HAVE to get a whole case at some point in the future.
Thanks! I agree, they're simple, have just the right amount of stuff for one meal without lots of extra bulk, and they're pretty inexpensive for an international ration. Oh, and they're tasty as well (minor detail)! :) The crackers are a bit hard, but the flavor makes them one of my favorites for a ration cracker / biscuit.

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Post by Conrad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:19 pm

If you get the chicken broth the crackers go nice in that. They also do good crunched up into the entrees.
I'm biased though I've grown to really like them

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:22 pm

I just ordered 2 of these to try, from some Dude in Montana. Give them a try. hey, they went NATO, so can't be too bad. ;)
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!