Polish S-RG-2

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
MRENovice

Polish S-RG-2

Post by MRENovice » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi!

Today I finally got my hands on the package Delicious sent me.
I didn't have any food ready for dinner and I couldn't resist.

I cracked it open and had a few things, and I have to say everything I tried so far was extremely good.

Sorry for not taking any pictures, but my camera isn't very good unless in full sunlight. And I was busy enjoying it. :lol:

As entreè, I picked the Karkowka w sosie z warzywami .

It's a pork shoulder meat stew with carrots, beans and a few other vegetables.
It was phenomenal :!:
There was a big ol' lump of pork meat at the bottom, like a can-shaped steak basically, and the vegetables were on top.
It was fairly fatty but I like my stews fat so this is a pro, not a con. :mrgreen:

Again, this was fantastic. It has to be the best food I've ever tasted that came out of a can.
If you served it to me at a restaurant (without telling me it was canned) I would be happy with it.
I'd never be able to tell that it came from a can.

I ate the stew with some styrofoam crackers (Pieczywo chrupkie zytnie bez cukru) and they really went well with it.
They also tasted as fresh as the day they were made. Tasty and very light and soft.

On the rest of the crackers I spread some... spread. :mrgreen:
Pasztet turystyczny, which as far as I can tell is some kind of pork patè.
Tasted like there was some liver in it, but I could be wrong.

The patè was very high quality as well, better than most patès you can buy in supermarkets.

I made one of the Raspberry tea packets (Koncentrat napoju herbacianego instant o smaku malinowym) and it was also pretty good.
It tastes like actual raspberries had gone into it, not like the fake artificially flavored raspberry soda you can get at IKEA.

Next up, I tried the sweet hard crackers (Suchary specjalne SU-1) with some mixed berry jam (Truskawkowy).
The jam was nice, and the crackers had a pretty good taste as well. However, they're really hard as a rock. :shock:
They're really quite difficult to chew through.

The last item was the fruit bar. Yes, the same kind Kiwi Dude famously removed the rice paper from :lol:
I've never really had any fruit bars of this kind before, so I don't have a reference frame, but this one definitely tasted good and fruity.
A bit too sweet for my taste, but what can you do. I'm not really a sweets guy. :mrgreen:

I still have a lot of stuff left to eat, but so far this ration is passing the taste test with flying colors. The Polish army did a great job. :D

I would like to particularly praise the amount of crackers.
There's really quite a lot of those styrofoam crackers and they do a really good job of substituting bread.

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Re: Polish S-RG-2

Post by Delicious » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:36 pm

I'm glad that you enjoy this and hope you have still all of your teeth after eating the panzercrackes ! :)
The liver pate is not the best quality (but acceptable), the fruit tea is a little bit too sweet, but the rest is quite decent. Packing this in the metal cans (they are heavy , I know) has this advantage, that the shape of the meat and vegetables can be preserved
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

currahee

Post by currahee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:06 am

I don't want to make a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

I bought Polish SRG-4 and had the main meal, Karkowka w sosie z warzywami, and it is the best meal I've ever had in military rations or can meals. It was realy like fresh restaurant / home cooked meal. I absolutely agree with MRENovice. Big chunks of meat, perfectly flavoured.

I'm totally blown away :shock:

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:41 am

currahee wrote:I don't want to make a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

I bought Polish SRG-4 and had the main meal, Karkowka w sosie z warzywami, and it is the best meal I've ever had in military rations or can meals. It was realy like fresh restaurant / home cooked meal. I absolutely agree with MRENovice. Big chunks of meat, perfectly flavoured.

I'm totally blown away :shock:
It's even better in individual SR you can see it from 06:18 on the video below, I dont know is it because different can type or maybe the company is different but I liked it even more then the one I had in SRG. Beef in Hungarian sauce is my favorite ration meal I've tried so far and this karkowka with vegetables is also in top 5. Polska FTW

currahee

Post by currahee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:51 am

That's interesting, maybe it is realy other producer (or they had cleaner pots :D )
I really did not expect that luxury taste :) I had US MREs, russian IRPs, czech IMREs, french RCIRs, slovak PODAPs, but this one was great. Looking forward to other meals in SRG rations. From the one meal SR rations I have only nr. 5 - Mieso z kasza jeczmienna, will see.

Biobrew

Post by Biobrew » Mon May 01, 2017 3:00 pm

I had one of these for lunch today - the main entree was Mexican Chicken stew, but all of the other components were the same. A co-worker is of Polish ancestry, and is very interested in all things related to Poland, so he and I split this in the parking lot of our office building.

This was absolutely a fantastic ration. The main entrée was fantastic, with nice chunks of chicken, and corn and beans that seemed almost fresh.

The hard crackers were very god, and the blackcurrant jam was great. The pate was pork, it didn't look or smell great, but tasted very good, and we ate it, and the jam, on the crackers. The raspberry tea was just as MREnovice described, and the fruit bar was also very good.

I thought the taste and quality of this ration were superior to the Lithuanian ration and on par with the French and Canadian IMP. I still have a Russian ration to try (I'm saving it for a long hike).