Spanish Rations Review

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
cavguy

Re: Spanish Rations Review

Post by cavguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Great pics! The only thing I do not like about the Spanish rations are for the lunch and dinner rations you need to be given the separate pack of crackers (bread) to go with the meal. My personal opinion is if you don't have the extra crackers you don't get the full meals.

Another thing I noticed is apparently you could also get sweet bread or cake, shelf stable just like the crackers in similar packaging too. Do they still issue these cakes with the rations?

sw342pd
eBay name: sw342pd

Post by sw342pd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

cavguy wrote:Great pics! The only thing I do not like about the Spanish rations are for the lunch and dinner rations you need to be given the separate pack of crackers (bread) to go with the meal. My personal opinion is if you don't have the extra crackers you don't get the full meals.

Another thing I noticed is apparently you could also get sweet bread or cake, shelf stable just like the crackers in similar packaging too. Do they still issue these cakes with the rations?
Do you mean the "pan Galetta"? Yes I have this - see the picture with all the rations on the very left!
"forge ahead"

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes the "pan Galetta", what I mean is I think you need (2) packages of these along with 3 rations for a complete 24 hours meal. I think they should just put them in the ration itself and not issue separately. I have a few Spanish rations and only got (1) package of "pan Galetta"...

sw342pd

Post by sw342pd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Ah, but in the Breakfast Ration are some biscuits! So do you mean, you need two packs of the pan galetta for lunch and dinner? :?
Comparing with the German EPA (depending on what type of EPA you hafe "Dosenbrot" and Keks or with the newer EPAs one or the other - with EPAleicht nothing!) or with the RCIR, I think, one pack pan galetta is enough. :oops:
"forge ahead"

luis0449
eBay name: LUIS0449

Post by luis0449 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:43 pm

The idea of "pan galleta" is something very personal. For some people one pan galleta may be enough for each meal, for some others it may be two (or three). It just depends on the people. Maybe this is why it is given separately. (or maybe not, I have not idea). Actually although you get one breakfast - lunch - dinner per day, pan galleta you can get as many as you want.

By the way the parcel from sw342pd arrived this morning. I still don`t know how to insert pictures (it comes whitout saying that I`m a bit dull) but as soon as I learn how to do it I`ll post the pictures. I`m happy like a pig in sugar :D . I bet Santa has arrived one month late.

Good luck people.

Luis0449
Rations Reviewed: USA, spanish, french, UK, german, denmark
Rations I am interested: WWII, Vietnam era, Russia, Israel, Italy, South America Countries

sw342pd

Post by sw342pd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Luis, shall I help you out a little bit? :mrgreen:
IMG_0596.JPG
EPA leicht mix - one complete 4 Person or 4 Day ration, but mixed from different EPA leicht Versions, so Luis can test and taste all! ;-)
IMG_0598.JPG
Happy feeding Luis!
IMG_0597.JPG
What a nice view!
"forge ahead"

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes, I think personally I need 2 packs of Pan Galleta one for lunch and one for dinner to fill me 100% full for an active day. How about the "pan galleta" cake version does this even exist?

sw342pd

Post by sw342pd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:12 pm

cavguy wrote:Yes, I think personally I need 2 packs of Pan Galleta one for lunch and one for dinner to fill me 100% full for an active day. How about the "pan galleta" cake version does this even exist?
:P Never heard about the Cake - selfmade? Maybe similar to the "colddog" made from EPA "Hartkeks"?
"forge ahead"

luis0449
eBay name: LUIS0449

Post by luis0449 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Well, as far as I know there is just one kind of pan galleta. It there`s more than one it`s something that I don`t know but I seriously doubt it.

sw342pd, thanks for the pictures, and yes, indeed, the parcel was great. Each time I get rations my sister always finds a way to get hold of one or two (RCIR are her favourite and she is always asking me for some more, as if it was so easy). I bet the muffins already have a owner and it`s not me, hahahaha.

Thanks again.

Luis0449
Rations Reviewed: USA, spanish, french, UK, german, denmark
Rations I am interested: WWII, Vietnam era, Russia, Israel, Italy, South America Countries

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Here is some info about the cake;

LONG LIFE CAKE

The Long Life Cake made by TECNOPAN is a pastry product with a pleasant flavour and with high energetic properties. It is made using a whipped mix of wheat flour, sugar, egg, milk and other natural food ingredients. Its main characteristic is its long shelf life, two years at room temperature always keeping an excellent flavour and texture. Its presentation, flavour and aroma are similar to home made cakes. It is manufactured in 85 gr. pieces and its approximate dimensions are 110 x 65 x 25 mm. Currently, the cake is manufactured in five different flavours, vanilla, orange, strawberry, lemon and chocolate. But it can be manufactured in many other flavours according to our customers needs. The colour of the product is the typical of hand made cake, depending on the flavour of the cake. It has a fresh and spongy texture with small cells distributed homogeneously over the whole piece.