German EPa cookies

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
housil

Re: German EPa cookies

Post by housil » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

dirtbag wrote: Insulin = Type 1, not 2.
I doesn´t want to get too much off topic, but both types are related to insulin.

The difference between Type 1 and 2 is, a Type 1 has not enough insulin producing beta cells in the pancreas.
The Type 2 has enough, also enough insulin in his blood but the receptors do not react proper to the amount of insulin so a (much) higher amount of insulin is necessary and need to be injected.
Type 2 can also used medication to make the beta cells to produce more insuline, also inhibit the oposite hormon "Glucagon"

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Sorry about that housil, but I'm the one who got us off topic. Actually, there's probably no rations from anywhere that would be very good for me, but then either type of diabetes will disqualify a person from military service in most countries anyway. I came down with it during my last year of service.

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:05 pm

dirtbag wrote:
Bypah wrote:
rationtin440 wrote:If my sugar gets wild I adjust my insulin take. :wink:
Insulin = Type 1, not 2.
I'm a type 2, I use Metformin and Byetta.
Seems to work, so far.
DM-1= the person doesn't produce enough or any insulin at all and therefore he/she has to use an insulin pump. :shock:
DM-2= we produce not enough insulin so we use either pills, Byetta etc. or insulin shots. :wink:
I used to use Byetta but not anymore.In my case I use Metformin XR, Actos and insulin 2X a day. :roll:
With my diabetes and all I still enjoy my rations with moderation.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Take care!!!
:mrgreen:
"Live long and prosper..."

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:39 am

Hmmm. Learn something new every day... :lol:
So far, metformin and Byetta is working..... :D
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

housil

Post by housil » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:09 am

rationtin440 wrote:Sorry about that housil, but I'm the one who got us off topic.
You doesn´t have to apologize :wink:

I lost half of my instines when a US Army helicopter hangar gate tiped over (weight 1 ton) and I got "burried" underneath it.
The power of that impact smashed all my pelvic, blood vessels and my instines...
From that day I´m an officially "90% handicapped person" and out of military service before my 12years realy had begun :cry:

So I have also to deal daily what I eat and what better don´t. My primary "food enemy" is fat, second is sugar. Fat causes me realy "belly trouble" so I´m on a "low fat" diet but I´m happy most MREs are "low fat" :mrgreen:

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Very sorry for what happened to you housil. Are you at risk of either type of diabetes now? Many MRE menus now have sugar free stuff, but the artificial sweeteners are not very good for you either, so I guess it's a case of "everything in moderation."

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:11 pm

rationtin440...that's the key moderation. :wink: :wink:
:mrgreen:
"Live long and prosper..."