british 10-man ration pack 0403

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
biscuits brown

Re: british 10-man ration pack 0403

Post by biscuits brown » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 pm

dirtbag wrote:Nah, thats a British Warrior APC (Armored Personnel Carrier)
Not quite a Tank, but I'd love to have one to play with!!! :mrgreen:
Top+Gear+Tank+Crosses+Tower+Bridge+Launch+Cl1rulL9QiKl.jpg
I found another pic of the same event. Its not a warrior. The wheels looked wrong and that turret and gun..no. And its not as beefy as the warrior.

its not a M113 variant, and its not an FV432, the UK equivalent of the M113. The number of wheels is wrong.

So what is it :?:

The ten man ORP would be carried by all UK APCs, so if it is an APC type, its the ration that would be carried.

The FV432 has a small immersion heater on the inside of the back door to heat ration cans BTW. Quite neat.
Its got a non hydraulic double door design as exit. Bit like a large BMP doors.
Last edited by biscuits brown on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nawt

Post by Nawt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:12 pm

biscuits brown wrote:http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8678FA2A ... okbook.pdf

This may give you a few receipe ideas :)

Courtesy of the Defence Food services Agency UK.
Hi BB,

That's nice. Thank you for the link ( file )!

biscuits brown

Post by biscuits brown » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Nawt wrote:
biscuits brown wrote:http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8678FA2A ... okbook.pdf

This may give you a few receipe ideas :)

Courtesy of the Defence Food services Agency UK.
Hi BB,

That's nice. Thank you for the link ( file )!
No worries Nawt :)

Its got some interesting stuff in it, some better than others.
It shows the challenges of having to cook day after day with a 10 in 1 ORP quite well too.
Maybe you could try one that takes your eye :wink:

I was particularly struck by the Bundeswehr group ration thats been featured. I would prefer that frankly, just my taste.
So im wondering, are there any equivalent publications or links or link for other nations group rations?

Si

britman

Post by britman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Looks like someone has put a 76mm turret (Sabre? Scorpion? the CVR(T) that was withdrawn when Scimitar soldiered on?) on an FV432 to me...

If the hull/wheel numbers are wrong could it have been a stretched 432 prototype - the turret assembly inside the hull would take up room so they'd need to stretch the hull if they wanted to still carry a section? There were some 432s mounting a 30mm gun (testbed for the Warrior IFV concept I think, an APC with a gun added was cheaper and easier than a true IFV) but I don't think the idea really went anywhere. Not sure if they bothered with a stretched hull to keep the number of dismounts inside the same or if they just kept it as-is for ease of conversion.

It's a strange beast though, I can only imagine it's some experimental, protoype or mock-up thing that is a bit of a curiosity and never really made it into service.

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 am

I think it would be so cool to see Bruce Dickinson at the controls of a Warrior or Challenger tank or IFV; I recall seeing him at the controls of a T-34 tank on a documentary on the military channel. If I understood correctly, he owns the tank----talk about an Iron Maiden! Sorry to drift off topic here, but I met Bruce several years ago and he's got to be one of the most kind-hearted people you could imagine!