Biscuits Brown - review

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
alcockell

Biscuits Brown - review

Post by alcockell » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi folks,

Well - seeing that a lot of other crackers aren't packed in convenient numbers, and Melba toasts just suck moisture from my gob, I decided to get some of them from armyrations.co.uk; they arrived today.

And they're not half bad.

Oat, wheat, bran, OK, sadly one trans-fat in there.. it would be good to release them onto the civilian market - they could actually hold their own against the Huntley and Palmer Expedition Crackers, as a good base for *quality* cheese etc. One advantage of then is that they are more forgiving on the palate than Finn Crisp and the like - as they can be eaten on their own.

I ordered 25 packs (5x5pak)... as that was a suitable minimum order what with a postage charge of over a fiver...

But not a bad cracker at all. OK - so I'm not eating a steady diet of them.. and only them... but they'll definitely do over the really hot month and I will definitely keep some in, and they'll also come in handy for the emergency lunches.

Mich maligned in some sectors.. but tastes like a HobNob without the crumbly annoyance.. and less salty.

dirtbag

Re: Biscuits Brown - review

Post by dirtbag » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:37 pm

I too find them.....marvelous! :D
I recently did a swap with 'Norge', and got a 10 KG box !!!
Yummy !
And he threw in some Fruit Biscuits too, double yummy !!!
I've just been eating them plain, I haven't tried any toppings yet 8)
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

britman

Post by britman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:33 pm

We always use them to eat the tin of pate in our rations with - they are like the alternative to bread that you would put pate on at home. Now they are mixing it up with retort bags of tuna, chicken and mushroom paste, and tubes of vegemite in newer rations tho.

Fruit biscuits (now in a purple wrapper not green) are pretty good dunked in hot chocolate or the like too :wink:

alcockell

Post by alcockell » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 pm

britman wrote:We always use them to eat the tin of pate in our rations with - they are like the alternative to bread that you would put pate on at home. Now they are mixing it up with retort bags of tuna, chicken and mushroom paste, and tubes of vegemite in newer rations tho.

Fruit biscuits (now in a purple wrapper not green) are pretty good dunked in hot chocolate or the like too :wink:
Understood - I'm using them alongside tins of mackerel fillets.
As for getting hold of the fruit ones - both Expedition stockists I've tried so far are out of them - but they'd be nice to try..

(2nd place I tried are who I've ordered the racing spoons from).

britman

Post by britman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Ah bugger I'm out of biscuits fruit - ate the last packet I had last month as I am a student in my 'day job' so any unused compo from training definitely gets used up! You could have had them had I known...