UK rat pak 3-course-dinner

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
housil

UK rat pak 3-course-dinner

Post by housil » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:31 pm

Mrs Housil and me deceided for a "special" dinner as the kids are out tonight :mrgreen:

She has her CCC as always, I tried a brit rait pack for tonight.

I started with

I have had a rat pack "chicken soup" once before and against my concernings, this oxtail soup was pretty delicious!

I continued with

Pork Casserole is a stew made out of pork, green beans, potatoes, greavy but without any spice... :oops: The taste was "OK" to me, but nothing "to-die-for" :?

At last

"Fruit Dumplings" are made out of a brown, tasteless but sweet, cake base similar dough. Mrs. Housil discovered a "dark spot" guessing that could be a rasin. So I don´t know what that "Fruit" at Fruit Dumplings means :oops:
The sauce was pretty sweet also, with a cinnamon-similar taste.

German_EPA
eBay name: advenutre-world-shop

Re: UK rat pak 3-course-dinner

Post by German_EPA » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:50 pm

great review olli :!: very detailed :D

yeah - the fruit dumplings :oops: i even dont like it... and everybody i know who tasted it :wink:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MILITARY/OUTDOOR/CAMPING/EMERGENCY-FOOD
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: My shop: http://www.adventure-world.de

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Post by Garron » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Yes the fruit dumplings leave a lot to be desired, they are not the greatest thing in the ration pack.
The Pork Casserole is OK, its somthing I've eaten a few times but not the meal I tend to go for the most, I've got one stashed away in glove compartment of my car just in case.
I've got a few of Brit Ration pack soups, its the only thing i never use when camping and the tea/coffee kit.

Prehaps thats why they added this?... Found this in a '04 dated ration pack last week. I have never seen one before in a pack, have you? Its a Sachet of Worcester sauce, should add a little spice to it.
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 6756 times
Gaz

housil

Post by housil » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Garron wrote:
I've got a few of Brit Ration pack soups, its the only thing i never use when camping and the tea/coffee kit.
I like tea (w/ lots of sugar & milk!) more than coffee. The chicken soup I had before smelled and tasted like melted chicken bones... :?

Garron wrote: Prehaps thats why they added this?... Found this in a '04 dated ration pack last week. I have never seen one before in a pack, have you? Its a Sachet of Worcester sauce, should add a little spice to it.
scan0001.jpg
Gaz
I like the Worcester Sauce! We use it with "Chicken a la King" allways but I never had a 04 yet.

German_EPA
eBay name: advenutre-world-shop

Post by German_EPA » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:58 pm

you also never had on the the black "HOT SAUCE" with the red skole on it? :shock: :!: :?:

i have them alway found in my 2004 rations....
MILITARY/OUTDOOR/CAMPING/EMERGENCY-FOOD
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: My shop: http://www.adventure-world.de

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Post by Garron » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Knowing our MOD it wouldn't surprise me if it was Housil :shock: :lol:

I still have a 24 year old Chicken-ala-King that I have not eaten yet. As I'm a member of Norge's MRE club I should eat it. Might try it with the sauce after I taste it without to check if its OK... Don't want to cover any thing up.

I like the tea, with lots of sugar and a coffee creamer/whitener in, actually thats what I'm drinking now :D

No I have never come across a 'Hot Sauce' yet, I'm off to the surplus store one day next week so I might try and buy a case, trouble is they come all on one e.g. A case of Menu A, B, C,.... they don't mix them up unlike MRE's I dont know if I could face 10 of the same meal.

Gaz