2017 Spanish Armed Forces Individual Combat Ration Lunch Menu B5 Review

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
ReadinessReviews

2017 Spanish Armed Forces Individual Combat Ration Lunch Menu B5 Review

Post by ReadinessReviews » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Back at the reviewing desk with a Spanish Armed Forces Individual Combat Ration. The Spanish have breakfast, lunch , and dinner versions of their NATO approved single meal military ration. I was lucky to be sent this Lunch Menu B5 for review. I love taste testing international MRE's but getting to check this one out was a special treat. The Spanish put together a fantastic ration for their troops. It reminded me of a US MCI with all the cans but the extras were on a whole different level. The food was all solid in the taste department especially the squid which I really enjoyed minus the sand. This was my first time reviewing toothpaste and I've come to the conclusion more rations would benefit from including it.
Thanks for Watching!

Uncle Mike

Re: 2017 Spanish Armed Forces Individual Combat Ration Lunch Menu B5 Review

Post by Uncle Mike » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Hi, I haven't tried my B5 yet, so I can only comment on this review. Usually the cartilage inside the squid is not eaten and along with the beak which is discarded, during cleaning. After seeing Steve1989's Spanish A2 review, I looked for "stuffed sqiud in Ink and found this on Amazon,
"Chipirones en su Tinta - Squid in Ink Sauce by Ramón Peña"; I liked this a lot except for the price, $13.99. It's almost cheaper to get the whole ration. Nice review, regards, Mike

Ps: I looked for Steve's review, but couldn't find it. It may be someone else's I'm thinking of.