French Armed Forces RCIR 24 hr. No.6

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
Uncle Mike

French Armed Forces RCIR 24 hr. No.6

Post by Uncle Mike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi, I had the #6 yesterday and I found it quite good. Best by date was 2022. The chocolate bar was bloomed and the Isotonic drink was hard/solid. The salmon salad was awesome :o and the chili was good but not spicy. The chili gets a pass because there are so many styles of Chili that this was good enough. ( Tex-Mex, Oklahoma, St Louis and Chicago style ad infinitum + family/secret recipes). The soup was" Asiatique" style and was a little different. The" Chocolate Cream" was chocolate pudding. I loved every bite! All in all a good time was had by all, regards, Mike

Menu 6: Muesli, Duck Pate, Instant Soup, Chili Con Carne, Salmon and Pasta Salad, Milky Dessert, Salted and Sweet Biscuits, Nougat bar, Fruit bar, Energy Bar Jam, Chocolate Bar, Isotonic Drink, Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate

Sailswish

Re: French Armed Forces RCIR 24 hr. No.6

Post by Sailswish » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:15 pm

I did a review of the Chili con Carne from a RCIR and found it outstanding. Big pieces of unprocessed beef in a great chili sauce with beans.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Sailswish wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:15 pm
I did a review of the Chili con Carne from a RCIR and found it outstanding. Big pieces of unprocessed beef in a great chili sauce with beans.
Hi, I recently subscribed to your channel and just watched that review, 10 minutes ago. My Chili had a different picture on the can. It had a guy wearing a chef's hat, ala' Chef Boyardee. Mine did not have beef chunks but ground meat; I really liked it but not very spicy. Not a bad thing but it surprised me. If you can find the Salmon and Pasta Salad, I recommend it. It was awesome, regards Mike
Last edited by Uncle Mike on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:50 pm

I've got a "Salade de Torsades au Saumon" Picture shows salmon chunks with Fusilli pasta. I bought this one by itself, but have RCIRs with this as one of the entrees. Had one and tried it a couple years ago from a girl that brought a RCIR to Burning Man and gave me it to me as it was a leftover. It was pretty darned good. Warmed it up.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am

Sailswish wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:50 pm
I've got a "Salade de Torsades au Saumon" Picture shows salmon chunks with Fusilli pasta. I bought this one by itself, but have RCIRs with this as one of the entrees. Had one and tried it a couple years ago from a girl that brought a RCIR to Burning Man and gave me it to me as it was a leftover. It was pretty darned good. Warmed it up.
Hi, I ate it cold and it was good. Somewhere I saw "to be eaten cold" maybe on the box. Thanks for the comments, regards, Mike

needmorechicken

Post by needmorechicken » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:12 pm

Menu 6 is the first RCIR I ever got. Bought a second one off staubsauger so I’ll finally have one to try and one to add to the ol’ collection.. Haven’t been able to get one with the processed cheese tho they’ve all come with “milky dessert” instead :D
What did the sick casket say to the other sick casket?..
"that you coffin?"

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:24 pm

needmorechicken wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:12 pm
Menu 6 is the first RCIR I ever got. Bought a second one off staubsauger so I’ll finally have one to try and one to add to the ol’ collection.. Haven’t been able to get one with the processed cheese tho they’ve all come with “milky dessert” instead :D
Hi, the "milky desert" was listed as "cholate cream" and was an chocolate pudding cup. It was quite good. I was leery of the "duck pate", but it also was good, regards, Mike

Mr Haha Jones

Post by Mr Haha Jones » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:53 pm

This all sounds promising :) I’ve got a menu #6 and menu #9 I’ve been waiting to try out.

Kays1968
eBay name: htcx3

Post by Kays1968 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:58 pm
The chili gets a pass because there are so many styles of Chili that this was good enough.
Personally, I think the "Mexican Salad", heated, is a better chili than their "Chili". Both need added spice, though.

-Zed