Lithuanian Army MRE combat ration

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
Uncle Mike

Lithuanian Army MRE combat ration

Post by Uncle Mike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi, a quick review of my experience with the 10 menus of the "Litvak" MRE's. I found all the entrees similar stewed meat with some type of, rice or groats. Some of the entrees are not what is listed on the outside. The consistency can only be described as gluey. I found some bone chips in 3 and plastic pieces in 2. The accessory pack was OK but the spoon as Steve1989 states in his review is not so good. "Panzer Waffles" can be eaten by breaking them up first so the can be chewed easily. I can see you breaking a tooth otherwise, :shock: . Not a bad ration but not one I will pursue, regards, Mike

juicyjack

Re: Lithuanian Army MRE combat ration

Post by juicyjack » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:27 pm

I’ve had one from Mreempire and I concur, the entree was sticky. Everything else was ok.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:09 pm

juicyjack wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:27 pm
I’ve had one from Mreempire and I concur, the entree was sticky. Everything else was ok.
Hi Jack, I tried all ten. They all tasted and looked, similar except #5 Roast Pork. It tasted good/better. Why this one tasted different, I don't know. It looked similar to the rest. It's still a MRE and from a different culture, so I'm not criticizing. I love the Spanish stuffed Squid, a YouTube reviewer, was gagging in his review. :D Good motto we have here, "Because everything tastes good when you're hungry!", regards, Mike

HeinrichFuchs

Post by HeinrichFuchs » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:29 am

I can only agree with the first message, I have also found bone fragments, or what I can only assume they are. Main was quite tasty though, long as you don't get those and accidentally bite down or swallow 'em.. Does feel a bit lacking in variety as opposed to say, US MREs, but not a particularly bad ration.