Chinese PLA Self-Heating Military Ration Type 13 Pork Noodles & Chicken Curry Rice

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
ReadinessReviews

Chinese PLA Self-Heating Military Ration Type 13 Pork Noodles & Chicken Curry Rice

Post by ReadinessReviews » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm

I put this review off for a long time because I was actually afraid to try this ration. After hearing Steve's experience with this menu I didn't want to end up in the hospital. After more than a year I decided to finally face my fear and dig into this Chinese People's Liberation Army Type 13 Self-Heating Ration. This is Menu 3 Chicken Curry Fried Rice and Noodles with Pork and Mustard Greens from The People's Republic of China. There are few individual items in this MRE sized package but the serving size of the dual mains is substantial. I was expecting an extremely negative experience with this ration but luckily I was pleasantly surprised. Yes there are a couple of weird items, mainly the drink mix, but the food portion of this meal was actually pretty dang good. It wasn't anything life changing. I found the mains to have a neutral flavor but not necessarily bland. The chicken curry rice had a pleasant mild curry powder flavor. The noodles with pork were lightly flavored as well but with the addition of the spicy picked cabbage, I found it to be pretty outstanding for what it is. This was a super filling meal which kept me going for the rest of the day.

Thanks for Watching!