Getränkepulver Isotonic

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Getränkepulver Isotonic

Post by RGoodellSr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Geschmack: Orange 5,3G für 200ML

I got a couple of these in a German Armed Forces ration and just decided to use them at work today...

They call for 200ML, and I had a 500ML bottle of water, so I dumped them both inside and gave it a good shake. The power dissolved nicely and gave the water a pale, transparent light orange tint.

The flavor was horrific. All I could taste was salt, no orange. It wasn't drinkable my any means... It just tasted like salt water.

IMG_20200121_122005.jpg
IMG_20200121_122019.jpg
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

housil

Re: Getränkepulver Isotonic

Post by housil » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:10 am

RGoodellSr wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:06 pm
I got a couple of these in a German Armed Forces ration and just decided to use them at work today...
What "German Armed Forces rations" do you got?

Any of these?
https://www.feddeck-dauerwaren.de/shop/EPA/

Regular German rations "EPa´s" do not have this Getränkepulver. It´s the own brand of the civilian company "Feddeck Dauerwaren". They make their own "EPa´s".

This is what current German ration beverage powder looks like:
IMG_2292.jpeg
IMG_2293.jpeg

That one you got contains almost 23g (Sodium 6.55g + 16.37g (plain) salt) in 100 (?)g. 23% of "salt"
FDW.jpg

Btw, "isotonic" means 0.9% what is 9g of salt per 1000ml - not 23% as this one...

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am

This was advertised as "German Armed Forces" individual meal from 'PablosCave' in Poland. What arrived after almost 12 weeks was a very small but heavy package of mostly canned items. I showed it to Gundog4314, and he felt it was most likely some sort of homemade ration, and clearly not an actual military package.

This was one of the first few rations I had ever purchased, and I just didn't know any better at the time. It was one of those 'live and learn' lessons of the hobby.
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 am

RGoodellSr wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am
This was advertised as "German Armed Forces" individual meal from 'PablosCave' in Poland. What arrived after almost 12 weeks was a very small but heavy package of mostly canned items. I showed it to Gundog4314, and he felt it was most likely some sort of homemade ration, and clearly not an actual military package.

This was one of the first few rations I had ever purchased, and I just didn't know any better at the time. It was one of those 'live and learn' lessons of the hobby.
Brutal. Yeah that dude refused to listen to advice from some of the very knowledgeable folks in here, and he continues to sell them as real military rations. I recently asked him about the polish rations he has up, and he told me the very clearly civilian ration was also military. Hate dudes like like, it gives honest ration sellers a bad name.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Smitty wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 am
RGoodellSr wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am

Brutal. Yeah that dude refused to listen to advice from some of the very knowledgeable folks in here, and he continues to sell them as real military rations. I recently asked him about the polish rations he has up, and he told me the very clearly civilian ration was also military. Hate dudes like like, it gives honest ration sellers a bad name.
Maybe all the salt in the drink came from him after he left the forums heh
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

housil

Post by housil » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:29 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm
alt in the drink came from him after he left the forums heh
Tears? :mrgreen:

norge

Post by norge » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:08 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Demolition_Man

Post by Demolition_Man » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:23 pm

The Bundeswehr EPAs (the cardboard ones, not the outsourced brown bag version) contain drink mixes from Orifo (one sachet for 500ml) since the BV2015 EPAs. They come in four flavours: grapefruit, exotic, orange and lemon.
Military rations I have...
tested: Germany, USA, UK, France, Norway, Canada, Lithuania
acquired but yet to try: Australia, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia (Mountain, IRP), Ukraine

housil

Post by housil » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Shame on me, I grabbed from the wrong box. You are right.
IMG_4561.JPG
IMG_2296.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg
:oops:

Demolition_Man

Post by Demolition_Man » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:00 pm

No worries! Mmmm...I love those orifo energy bars-although it's a shame they come in two menus only and they discontinued the caramel type from the BV2013 EPAs...
Military rations I have...
tested: Germany, USA, UK, France, Norway, Canada, Lithuania
acquired but yet to try: Australia, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia (Mountain, IRP), Ukraine