Non MRE Bridgford

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
ViperGTS

Non MRE Bridgford

Post by ViperGTS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Anybody have any experience with non-mre (civilian) brigdford foods? Tried the sausage with sauce, bacon with cheddar and i have a wrap of some kind and bbq chicken sandwich to yet try.

I appreciate that these are meant to be good for years, but the flavor needs improvement. So far, the filling is minimal and its wrapped in a dense bread that makes Hot Pockets taste gourmet. Heating improved these items slightly.

I plan on sampling all available items, but would love any recommendations of what to grab... gundog's post for naan is on the list.

Surprised to find real bacon strips (not bits) in the below pics. At first bite, it had good bacon/smokey flavor, but the bacon by itself was lacking so perhaps the bread is flavored.

Are these meant to one day be in standard issue MREs? Or more emerengcy/survival items?

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Re: Non MRE Bridgford

Post by gundog4314 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 pm

"Flavor needs improvement" is the difference between civilian and military. Our mantra was Eat it now, taste it later! HAHA! Besides the longer you are in the field or camping the less your taste buds seem to work which was why when we returned back to the real world crappy chinese food buffets tasted so amazing HAHA.

Cheers