Meal Kit Supply Vegie Lasagna

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Daley

Meal Kit Supply Vegie Lasagna

Post by Daley » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Ok so here we are back with another MRE review. This one comes from Meal Kit Supply also, and is there menu 5 Vegie Lasagna. Right off the bat there was a minor difference with this one. The package was dual packed, after opening the outer container there was inner packing also. This mean came with crackers, fudge brownie, accessories pack with the standard stuff like coffee and sugar. It also had some Zapplesause, orange beverage powder, grape jelly and the entree.

The start of everything as with most of my reviews will be with the snack option. For this one that's the crackers and grape jelly, again with the crackers there was a noticeable taste of something keeping it preserved. Nothing that was going to make me not eat it or have it taste any bad. However you can tell its preserved with something. The grape jelly on the other hand was completely fine, tasted good and after coming out was perfectly fine. Next up was the Zapplesause, this part of the MRE was great. Nice sweet cooling taste and in a decent amount. Zapplesause has been in a video or 2 of mine before and I haven't ran into one I didn't like. The next item up is the fudge brownie, this item was good in taste but was also a bit cake-like. It was thick and crumbly differently from the fudge-soft style we are used it.

Now for the entree, this is lasagna with a tomato sauce and beans. I was worried going into this one as I'm not a big fan of these style meals. I can say i was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. One of my biggest concerns with pasta MREs is the amount of soak-age and over saturated the pasta can be. Not an issues here the pasta was good and the beans in it provided that necessary bite to the meal to make it feel like a meat substituent. Overall all I liked this MRE even if all the components were my personal favorite the idea here is to provide you feed back on the MRE and if it is a truly satisfying meal. This one was and I can recommend it to anyone looking for this style meal in MRE form. Thanks for reading and if you would like to check out the video, it will be posted below.

~Daley~
Email:Daley@nationfusion.com

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Re: Meal Kit Supply Vegie Lasagna

Post by sourwes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:19 am

Nice review thx for sharing! I have yet to try these meals, but a case is on my wish list. I have been overzealous on an IRP buying craze lately because the dollar/ruble exchange has been so good, afraid I was gonna miss it lol. This is next on my list.
it is what it is....

Daley

Post by Daley » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:18 pm

I really need to expand what I try. I've only had around 4-5 rations in total and ALL of them are U.S based.
~Daley~
Email:Daley@nationfusion.com

Oldsmokey

Post by Oldsmokey » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:13 am

TFF stands for Trans Fat Free. Alot of mre items are going to the TFF in the future. Or should I day as of current. I think there will be alot in the 2017 mres.

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Looked like a good one, nice review man!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------