Patriot Pantry Travelers Stew Review

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Daley

Patriot Pantry Travelers Stew Review

Post by Daley » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Hey guys! So my first day here is going pretty good, its been cool to talk to some of the regulars here as i've been checking out some of the stuff around here. This is me 2nd Instant Meal review i've ever done hopefully ill improve and I am sorry for any language I use in the videos in advance.

So first off, this package wasn't breached or broken in any way which was awesome to start with. The serving size for this was pretty big so that was a plus. My first big issue with this meal is the fact you have rice and pasta together. Anyone who cooks any food knows the water absolution rate of those 2 things are completely different. I was worried about getting soggy pasta and hard rice and thats exactly what happen. Lucky for me it wasn't ALL like that, the bottom of the pot was much better than the top. The second thing I noticed was the flavor brick was kinda small, it looked to be about 1 or 2 ramen noodle packs in size, and i feel like the stew was pretty bland due to that issue but it was totally edible and at this point I was nit picking. It wasnt as salty as the last meal I had and overall was a much better experience. I also didn't like the 45 minute cook time, but again nitpicking, when you cook rice like that I assume it will always take a bit longer.

The positives for this meal were pretty apparent. Its very hardy, filling and has alot of different components to it. Having pasta is always a plus in my book being im Italian, but overall besides what i mentioned above it was tasty. One of the other things I can respect is that my taste buds do not rule the world, and someone might find this much more appealing than I did, as it is a different kind of menu item. The meal was good and i would recommend it to anyone looking to have a different type of meal in their stock.

Price: $24.95 (72 Hours Kit, 4 bags 4 serverings each)
Quality: 8.5
Filling power: 10
Taste: 7.5

Full Video Review:

Full ingredients list:
Long grain white rice, lentils, elbow macaroni (semolina, niacin, ferrous sulfate [iron], thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), chicken bouillon (chicken soup base [corn syrup solids, salt, cornstarch, hydrolyzed corn, soy protein, rendered chicken fat, sugar, onion powder, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, spices, turmeric, dehydrated parsley, silicon dioxide], salt, sugar, sweet whey, turmeric, garlic powder, caramel color, dehydrated onion), carrot dices, celery slices, chopped onion.
Allergen Alert: This product contains milk, dairy, and soy
~Daley~
Email:Daley@nationfusion.com

elandil

Re: Patriot Pantry Travelers Stew Review

Post by elandil » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:46 pm

very interesting review. I agree with the questioning of adding both pasta and rice, due to the cook times.

keep up the good work.

Daley

Post by Daley » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks, this one was much better. I just wish they would have thought more about the rice and pasta thing.
~Daley~
Email:Daley@nationfusion.com

SpanishInquisition

Post by SpanishInquisition » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Late to the party, as usual.
Content shows semolina in the pasta, but no allergen warning for wheat. Weird.