Apack date issues

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
TechManDan
eBay name: Av1979

Apack date issues

Post by TechManDan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 am

Any one else experience any date discrepancies with these Apacks? I received some from a sealed case dated from 2012, but the individual mres had dates of 2008 and one mre was dated 2012 but the components inside dated 2008.

kman
Site Admin

Re: Apack date issues

Post by kman » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:37 am

I haven't seen that issue myself but I have received reports from some people that they've purchased MREs from Amazon or eBay that were older MREs repackaged in newer cases. Where did you get your APacks?

TechManDan

Post by TechManDan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:41 pm

kman wrote:I haven't seen that issue myself but I have received reports from some people that they've purchased MREs from Amazon or eBay that were older MREs repackaged in newer cases. Where did you get your APacks?
I got it from ebay

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Then it sounds to me like you got scammed. I could see some of the parts of an MRE case being a month or two off the date on the case but not YEARS.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:40 am

Hi Dan, I would put in a claim with EBay. On certain items I avoid some sites, even some of the "usual suspects". I purchased some items from a well known company that was soon to expire using the Julian date code. That's why I appreciate the "MRE Marketplace" as they list the dates, regards, Mike

TechManDan

Post by TechManDan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:53 am

Uncle Mike wrote:Hi Dan, I would put in a claim with EBay. On certain items I avoid some sites, even some of the "usual suspects". I purchased some items from a well known company that was soon to expire using the Julian date code. That's why I appreciate the "MRE Marketplace" as they list the dates, regards, Mike
It's been resolved by the seller. I am not convinced that the seller was trying to scam me. It was really odd that the one mre with the correct date on the outside of the pack had mismatched dates only on the entrée, which matched the dates on the older ones. I checked the seals and they appeared correct and properly sealed.

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Sorry for your issues, have purchased many APack from eBay with no problems. One of my fav off brand mre... For $40 a case delivered, you can,t beat the price....
it is what it is....