Soylent 2.0

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Name_not_found

Soylent 2.0

Post by Name_not_found » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi Everyone got my hands on something interesting!
soylent (0).JPG
Soylent 2.0

It 400 calories 20% of all necessary micro-nutrients per bottle, 5 a day and your at 2000 calories and 100% micros.
soylent (5).JPG
One days rations
soylent (4).JPG
Back
soylent (3).JPG
Front
soylent (2).JPG
Inside the box, 12 per
soylent (1).JPG
Back Panel
soylent (8).JPG
Its good, tastes like the milk left over in the bowl after some cheerios, maybe a little less sweet
soylent (7).JPG
Looks ok, smells good very simple clean smell
soylent (6).JPG
Lets get started
Overall i like it, and it kept me full for a simple day, no major workout or hike etc.
Last edited by Name_not_found on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

kman
Site Admin

Re: Soylent 2.0

Post by kman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 pm

When I first read this, I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1. "Soylent"...really? Someone actually named their meal replacement something that reminds (some of us) of "Soylent Green"?? :-)

But I just googled it and sure enough...looks real...and it even looks like they named it after the movie, too!

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 pm

Haha, YES, that's the first thing that came to mind with me as well Kman. Soylent Green! I've seen this floating around online for the past month or so, but I was thinking it was a joke. Interesting to see that it is an actual product. Now I have to try some! :D

MREHungary

Post by MREHungary » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:01 am

And they reached their goal. Choose an interesting brand name, revive some old memories and boom goes the dynamite. You are hooked up, go after the product and try it out. Great marketing team I must say.

Name_not_found

Post by Name_not_found » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:54 am

Yeah it seem they named it like that on purpose, and it worked for them.

(Are my pics out of order i cant seem to fix it?)
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:35 pm

The attachments can be tricky. I used the place inline buttons next to each attachment manually - checking the filenames before adding a caption and popping them into the post. If you select a group of numbered files and upload them all at once it seems to order them backwards by default so the inline attachments would count back down as you add them to the post.

A friend of mine spent at least a month last year on Soylent. While we were at Burning Man he just made up his daily allotment each morning and drank it here and there throughout the day. He added fruit if I recall for taste. I don't know that I could personally subsist on liquefied food alone. Some people have permanently switched and eaten nothing else for more than a year at this point. If it fits your lifestyle (repetition is fine, having exact numbers on your intake is important, speed and ease of preparation/storage is key, etc) then I don't see why not. Might be something worth consulting a doctor about though since it's a fairly drastic change from the norm.

elandil

Post by elandil » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:48 pm

you sure one of the ingredients wasn't "longpig?" :mrgreen:

it's a great marketing ploy....it'll draw people in.

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:01 am

100 grams of protein per 5 bottles, that's not bad! But its soy based... Some say soy based proteins are do not promote muscle growth as well as traditional whey based proteins.

Name_not_found

Post by Name_not_found » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:52 am

They claim the protein is a very refined isolate, nothing like eating tofu etc soy wise.

The fat is from algae which is interesting, they are hoping to make the protein from it as well.

After 1 day on it i felt fine, it was more filling than i though was not an issue to make it though the day.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:07 am

Haha! Awesome marketing. The person who named it deserves a promotion.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.