Latest Catch: Patriot Pantry

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
rabidwolf

Latest Catch: Patriot Pantry

Post by rabidwolf » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm

To the moderators: I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, please move it to appropriate thread. Thank you.

I did an unexpected swap with a old friend. Hadn't seen him in years, and gave him a handful of MRE's as a welcome back gesture. He in turn, gave me the items in the following pictures.
Attachments
IMG_1138.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1136.JPG

rabidwolf

Re: Latest Catch: Patriot Pantry

Post by rabidwolf » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:25 pm

I forgot to ask if anyone has tried any of these items or anything from Patriot Pantry.

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 pm

I have seen them, but never tried any of the products. From what I hear, they are on par with the Wise and GoFoods items.

If you do try them, let us know. I'm kinda curious.

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Post by gundog4314 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Let us know how it is. Looks a lot like Valley Food Storage stuff. Yep, the website confirms it. Boil water, dump contents into water and simmer for 15-20 min. Cool if you don't mind doing dishes lol!

Patriot Pantry: http://www.mypatriotsupply.com/Emergenc ... _s/104.htm
Valley Food Storage: https://valleyfoodstorage.com/

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 pm

I've eaten 5 or 6 different things from Patriot Pantry. I wanted to make sure I'd like the product before buying larger quantities to stock as long term emergency food. From your pictures I've had the Potato Cheddar Soup and the Cheesy Chicken Rice. Unless it's a different batch and something changed - the meals should all be dehydrated - not freeze dried. The important difference here is the time/effort that goes into reconstituting the food. With a Mountain House freeze dried meal I just boil water, pour it in, done. With these there was sometimes staggered steps, and prep usually required 15 - 25 minutes on the stove.

I ended up getting a few months' supply because I thought they were delicious. They're cheaper because they take more effort and potentially don't last quite as long as freeze dried prepper food, but they're still a great addition to your food storage setup. The Traveler's Stew was my favorite so far. At this point I probably won't try anymore until I either need to cycle them out or... well, I guess or if something awful happens.

Biggest difference between these and Wise - these can and do contain real meat. Everything Wise makes is vegetarian, including all meat options which are usually going to end up being textured vegetable protein. The Patriot Pantry kits are lacking in meat options for the most part, but they sell a protein kit as well that's just meat to add to other dishes as desired. Patriot Pantry is also sold as eFoodsDirect and My Patriot Supply