Trekking Burger - A Cheeseburger In A Can

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
gschultz9

Re: Trekking Burger - A Cheeseburger In A Can

Post by gschultz9 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Here's my take on the Trekking Burger:

I almost hate to say that it wasn't all that bad, but apart from the disgustingly soggy bottom bun, it really WASN'T all that bad!

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:04 am

gschultz9 wrote:Here's my take on the Trekking Burger:

I almost hate to say that it wasn't all that bad, but apart from the disgustingly soggy bottom bun, it really WASN'T all that bad!
I watched the video. That top bun with the "fixins" looked pretty bad. You also hesitated before giving your opinion after the first bite. I still want to try one.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Late to this post, but the subject came up today. While it wasn't totally inedible, the Canadian IMP hamburger ration was way better and cost less than this single burger. Happy ration hunting!
it is what it is....

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:05 pm

sourwes wrote:Late to this post, but the subject came up today. While it wasn't totally inedible, the Canadian IMP hamburger ration was way better and cost less than this single burger. Happy ration hunting!
If we compare things like that we can say McDonalds or Burger King is also better choice then hamburger in a can. And your comparison between prices is illogical.

Unless you are joking, in that case I blame the language barrier :D

sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Asger wrote:
sourwes wrote:Late to this post, but the subject came up today. While it wasn't totally inedible, the Canadian IMP hamburger ration was way better and cost less than this single burger. Happy ration hunting!
If we compare things like that we can say McDonalds or Burger King is also better choice then hamburger in a can. And your comparison between prices is illogical.

Unless you are joking, in that case I blame the language barrier :D
I was not joking, just stating my humble opinion that I thought the IMP hamburger was a better product and a better value than the trekking burger, although I'm glad I got to try it. Thank you for your input. :D
it is what it is....

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 pm

sourwes wrote:I was not joking, just stating my humble opinion that I thought the IMP hamburger was a better product and a better value than the trekking burger, although I'm glad I got to try it. Thank you for your input. :D
It's was more a curiosity then input from my end. You see "hamburger" in a can costs 5euros in German shop. But you can't buy IMP anywhere so you can't say it costs less or have better value because we don't know it's value. I was hoping you are joking lol... like saying fresh squeezed orange juice is better then powdered orange juice in the rations and maybe even cost less although we only know the price of oranges not price for a bag of beverage in ration... but why would I even compare this two and same goes for a german hamburger in a can 5eu vs canadian army meal ?eu

sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:30 pm

I see your point and understand from your perspective. The trekking burger are expensive for me(shipping costs). I had never tried the IMP either until I got a cpl from BlackDogBob. If I can get another from him I will send you 1. Thx again for your input.
it is what it is....

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:47 pm

I see this can more as a funny thing to get someone as a present then a real food, or to get it just for the laughs. Someone put word hamburger on the can but of course it will lost comparison to any other hamburger we know. Even Air Koryo hamburger looks nicer and I bet taste better then this :lol:

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Trekking burger is back on sale!

Our favorite canned burger is back on sale along with it's kebab-in-a-can counterpart as well.

I noticed Gundog4314 posted a review yesterday and I was curious if it was in stock and here it is.

https://www.asmc.com/Camping/Outdoor-ki ... bf487fe6f2
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!