Ramen noodles

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
noderaser
eBay name: noderaser

Re: Ramen noodles

Post by noderaser » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 pm

When I'm feeling especially lazy (the bachelor life is a difficult one) I'll throw in a package of ramen noddles with the sesaoning, then boil off the water so all the flavor gets locked into the noodles. All I really add is some Sriracha, though there are plenty of things you could throw in... Brisket, bean sprouts, etc.
I'm using my computer's spare resources to help find cures for diseases, analyze astronomical data, render 3D animations, simulate new materials and run climate models--what is your computer doing? http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ Or ask me for help!

Norton

Post by Norton » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 pm

rattattoo wrote:Nort- post a photo of the "Japan soft noodle"
y

Looked for the made in Japan Brand and they were out so I got these for my son. (He loves Asian noodles from any country :D )
These are Made in China soft noodles, I have used the set minus the bowl. Used a fold bowl set and added a can of Underwood chicken.
This thickened the sauce and made the meal very filling. Not saying it was the best camping meal I ever ate. But it was not bad and it was very low priced and simple. Plus it packs away very good.
Attachments
IMG_8542.JPG
IMG_8537.JPG
IMG_8538.JPG
IMG_8539.JPG

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:45 am

I had one almost identical to that just this week. It was a "Simply Asia" brand and the soft ramen noodles were delicious. I was pleasantly surprised that the sodium level wasn't astronomical - only 8% of the RDA. It also called for only two tablespoons of added water, so it ended up being a noodle dish, not a soup. I did mine in the microwave as recommended, and it took only 90 seconds on high. I'd buy and eat these again any time.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm

I ate plenty of them when I was in college too. Now I still do but don't use too much their flavor packets due to the high sodium content. Instead I use some low sodium soy sauce on them.
As they said you can add anything to them from canned tune, spam, vienna sausages, hot dogs etc. Any meat is good with them. :mrgreen:
"Live long and prosper..."

cutsman

Post by cutsman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:40 pm

I survived off of ramen through my college years. I know some members mentioned adding stuff to it to make it closer to something you'd get at a Japanese restaurant and I came across this guide to dressing it up a bit on Imgur. Figured I'd share in case it gave anyone some ideas. It's a bit big so I'll just link it.

http://i.imgur.com/Ck8f5.jpg
The best possible MRE: 1lb bag of Jalapeño cheese spread.

alcockell

Post by alcockell » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Pot Noodle was always a classic camping staple - still is a student food in the UK.

housil

Post by housil » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:37 am

Got a "case" of 10 from Amazon.de not for 20ct, but €7 for 10 is "OK" to me. :D