Free Sample storable food

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
RockyRaab

Free Sample storable food

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:24 pm

I was watching a food review at the EpiCenter for a new line of storable foods by NuManna. They've tried two and liked both. When I went to the company website, I saw that they offer a free sample, and I ordered their Sweet Habanero Chili (of four choices). Just pay shipping.

If you'd like to check them out, click here: http://powerprepper.com/
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

RockyRaab

Re: Free Sample storable food

Post by RockyRaab » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:17 am

Interim Report:

Received the package - finally. Their website promises that orders are filled within 24-48 hours. Well, not really. I ordered the free sample on Aug 26, and got an email on Friday, Aug 29 that my order was complete. As the company is only 90 miles from my house, and the order was to be sent via Priority Mail, I expected it the next day. Nope. That was the three-day Labor Day weekend, so I wasn't too surprised but thought I'd get it Tuesday for sure. Nope again. Nor Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I was about to write a complaint note when it finally arrived on Saturday, Sept 6. Post Office date on the package was Sept 5. So the package sat at their plant for a full week after they said my order was "complete."

Haven't yet had weather cool enough to prepare a pot of chili, but it won't be long. I'll post again with a taste review.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 pm

I too ordered some Habanero Hell, I'm curious, but cautious...
I'll probably save it for a special occasion, with other 'Pepper Heads'...

It would be nice if they (Numanna) sold individual packs, vice the buckets.
Maybe Epicenter will do that...
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 pm

I recieved my dose of 'Hell on Earth' today, about 10 days, with a three day weekend and a normal weekend in the middle.
Not exactly overnight, but free food (plus $8 shipping) is always good... :mrgreen:

I'm going to wait until a family gathering or something to try it, I'd hate to toss it if It's too hot!
There's a few relatives I want to try it on... :twisted:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Based on the taste test by Epicenter Bryan, it doesn't seem to be that hot. They universally said that there's a heat that builds in your throat but it wasn't beyond anybody's threshold. We'll see.