review: Cliff Kid Z-bar

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
ak70g2

review: Cliff Kid Z-bar

Post by ak70g2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Dear folks, included in the stuff I got from TurtleNomad was two cereal/chocolate bars especially for my niece. So, a combined review, her and mine:
IMG_5291.JPG
IMG_5292.JPG
So, Andreea (that's her name) asked me "it's chocolate?" I said no, after she tasted she said "it's very good", I took a bit and tasted, it was a kind of mix between a cereal bar and a chocolate, very good, not extremely sweet. Definitely I'd like more for me too.

Final conclusion: "Do you have another one?" :D
'cuz hunting ain't catch and release...

Bypah

Re: review: Cliff Kid Z-bar

Post by Bypah » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Adrian ,Cliff bars are awesome. Next time I send you another parcel I will get you a box of it. :mrgreen:
Check their site.
http://clifbarstore.com/?trk_src_ss=CLF ... tgodhBqTYw
clif%20bars%20sml.gif
clif_bar_mini.jpg
clif_bar_mini.jpg (24.95 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
"Live long and prosper..."

TurtleNomad

Re: review: Cliff Kid Z-bar

Post by TurtleNomad » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 am

Adrian, that is an awesomely cute picture! :)

I'm glad you both liked those.
She will probably like the "Peppermint Stick" seasonal Clif bar - it's the sweetest of the seasonal bars that I sent you, and big enough that it's easy to share.

The "Peanut Toffee Buzz" is also really good, but it has caffeine in it, so it's probably best just for you. ;) Oops - I forgot to mention that to you before your competition! That would have been a great opportunity to "stress test" it. :)

I'm expecting a joint review of that freeze-dried dessert, too! :)

Bypah, after I sent the package, I realized I should have included one of the other caffeinated Clif bar: "Cool Mint Chocolate". Please send him one if you have the chance. :)

If you have a Target near you, check out their nutrition bar area - my closest store recently expanded their Clif bar selection (at least twice the selection of Walmart), and have regular sales (usually about $5 for a 6-pack).

Currently, my favorites are the relatively new "Coconut Chocolate Chip" (despite the lack of caffeine) and the "Peanut Toffee Buzz".
The important thing is the spices.
A man can live on packaged food from here til Judgement Day if he's got enough Marjoram.
- Shephard Book, "Serenity" (the pilot), Firefly