TreeSuit's FSR are A+

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Bandit395

TreeSuit's FSR are A+

Post by Bandit395 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:04 am

I picked up two of TreeSuit's FSR replicas. Man what a neat concept. It is a perfect item to take while traveling, hunting, fishing or hiking. It contains a lot of food to get you through the day if you are stuck somewhere without the luxury of prepared food. I took mine out on a surveillance detail tonight and purposely left my cooler at home. I only brought a couple bottles of water.

It was an all night detail and I started off with the salmon packs, mayonaise and tortillas. I had the apple sauce also, then had the peanut butter dessert bar. I mixed up the mocha cappacino with some of my water and was satisfied for several hours. Once it got passed midnight, I became hungry and bored and had crackers with cheese spread, beef jerky and mixed up some cool aid with water. I also enjoyed the "stay alert" gum to keep me awake for the last couple of hours. There is still two first strike energy bars, nut/raisin mix, a FSR sandwich, cinnimon bun and a lemon seed poppy cake left which I will keep in my kit for the next time I need something. Sorry I do not have pictures due to the nature of eating it all in my car. Another great feature is that the kit comes with a large ziplok bag to store the left overs in. I used the original bag for the trash to be tossed out later.

Thanks Brian for the timely service and the great product you make available to those of us who can appreciate the concept. I will be picking up some more from you.

Mike

Treesuit

Re: TreeSuit's FSR are A+

Post by Treesuit » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Mike,

Thank you for the awesome review, I hope when things calm down you'll be back. Good to hear that my ration was perfect for a stakeout. :D

PanzerDivision666

Post by PanzerDivision666 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:12 am

I concur, the ration is well thought out, and I cannot wait to purchase some more. A word about the caffiene gum: I opened this component during the six hour drive to West Point for the Knob Creek Machine-Gun shoot after feeling really sleepy, which is a no-no because I'm the "navigator".
The taste in itself is enough to jolt you from the warm reverie of sleep, and then about five minutes later when the caffiene comes barreling into your bloodstream like a B52 leveling downtown, you feel super awake.
I cannot chew this stuff for more than ten minutes, the taste is very strong.

But it is great at keeping you alert in no time flat. I've also eaten the gun during periods of self-induced sleep deprivation, and it works wonderfully. If they have a mint flavor that would rock.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey Panzer - you're in luck!

There are actually three flavors of StayAlert - Cinnamon, Spearmint, and Arctic Mint. You can get them directly from the company here. The prices are a little higher buying from them directly - you can usually find 6 packs cheaper on Amazon.