Food Insurance

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
rationtin440

Food Insurance

Post by rationtin440 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 pm

I'm curious if anyone has tried the stuff that Glenn Beck has mentioned on his radio show and GBTV, it's called food insurance, website is http://www.foodinsurance.com I'm sure we all have an opinion of Glenn Beck but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this food yet and what you all think of the prices on the website.

Treesuit

Re: Food Insurance

Post by Treesuit » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:45 am

rationtin440,

I've heard of GB talk about this product line on the radio before and checked out the website. From what it looks like, the company packs a rucksack or giant shipping container of freeze-dried food and sells all that at very high bulk prices. At least in my opinion. If you check out their prices on the website most of the long term so called "value buys" like getting food supplies for 1-2 years or more cost a hell of a lot of money but the variety is good. I took at look at their pricing and figured to myself "I can't afford that" especially since most of us here don't make a lot of money. Also I think the website is geared towards people who have very little to no idea of how to preapre for a natural or man-made disaster.

For the prices on the food supplies they are offering I'm sure you can shop around and find better deals on emergency long term storage food. I think if you check out WISE foods over at the epicenter.com that might be an alternative but with their line it always seems to be on backorder. Another source might be MRE Depot.com and see if they have some specials of the bulk canned goods.