Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers-sounds pretty good!

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Dingleberry Johnston

Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers-sounds pretty good!

Post by Dingleberry Johnston » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:55 pm

There's supposed to be some new shelf-stable "complete meal" products due out soon from Old El Paso. They don't sound too bad! I've heard that some Walmart Superstores are already carrying them, which is strange because the linked news report below says they're due out at the end of March.

Here's the info...
http://www.generalmills.com/en/Media/In ... _2011.aspx
Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers in flavors of Mesquite Chicken, Carne Asada and Garlic Chili Chicken will begin shipping to local grocers in late March.

Ready in 60 seconds, the product is designed for those occasions when “I need a quick, substantial bite to keep my family on the go.”

The heat-and-serve product comes in shelf-ready packaging and provides a microwavable solution to meals that require little or no cleanup.

This is the first convenient, complete meal in the Mexican aisle

So a few packets of these and some MRE tortillas sounds like would make a fine, shelf-stable meal. Civvie MRE?

MR.EMAN

Re: Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers-sounds pretty good!

Post by MR.EMAN » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Might be worth checking into, as long as they're better than the Taco Bell bowls.

Bandit395

Re: Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers-sounds pretty good!

Post by Bandit395 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 pm

I saw some at a Walgreen's (drug store that is like a mini super market) and picked up two of them for about $3.50 each. They list each bag at 5 servings at 80 calories a piece. I guess you could get 5 tortilla's out of each bag. I put one of them in the microwave for 1 minute and ate it out of the bag as is. It was very good! They have a couple of different flavors with chicken and beef. Worth keeping a few around for easy meals or to compliment other meals. They are also selling them at Publix for about $3.50 as well.