Treesuit's FSiR

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
hannonmc

Treesuit's FSiR

Post by hannonmc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:48 am

I just received 3 FSiRs from Treesuit yesterday. Since he and I were working on the original prototypes, I was curious how it finally panned out for him.

Anyway, I was quite pleased with what I received. I won't bore you with pictures as you can see them in the other fine posts about the topic.

Some interesting notes. Treesuit includes 2 Bridgeford sandwiches AND a tuna pouch with fat free mayo. The standard FSRs are either 2 sandwiches or 1 sandwich / tuna or chicken pouch. Also, I received a Lemon Pepper tuna pack and a Garlic Herb tuna pack. Not sure what was in the other one as it is for my father-in-law.

In the packs I notice an accessory pack A, B, and C. The B is nice as it adds another cold drink. A & D includes coffee (D has Splenda has the sweetener).

The addition of a ziplock bag is nice. Great way to keep the items together after opening the outer vacuum pack bag.

My plan with these is to repackage them slightly to suit my needs. I will add a Hot Beverage Bag for those that include coffee. Swap out the beef/cheese sticks with more substantial beef steak sticks. I may include some wheat snack bread and a packet of cheese. I will then vacuum pack them again.

Treesuit wanted to keep these as close to the original as possible and it looks like he has succeeded. He really did a great job and for a great cost! If you are in the US, don't even hesitate about ordering one of these. I got 3 of these shipped from WA to PA for $47. Apparently he is also keeping costs pretty low for our overseas members as well.

MR.EMAN

Re: Treesuit's FSiR

Post by MR.EMAN » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 am

I too, ordered several of these, and didn't do a review, as others have already made convincing, if not better reviews I could muster words for. 8) I believe this ration is a great idea, and the insanely low price for the amount of food you get, makes it well worth it IMO.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Well sounds like another satisfied customer, :)

I did get Mr. Eman's comments on the FSIR and he made some good points. First, is the hot drink. I know I put cocoa in mine but some people have asked for the cappuacino mix. I do have several of those in stock, but I figure the cocoa is more what a hot breakfast drink should be. Second, crackers and PB/cheese; does anybody prefer the PB over cheese? And lastly, the nut-raisin mix, I seem to have the field split on this item. I for one are at a loss on what I could replace this with. Most of the other items I can switch with another civilian item that is comparable but nut-raisin mix is an item I'm struggling with.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

MR.EMAN

Post by MR.EMAN » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Treesuit wrote:Well sounds like another satisfied customer, :)

I did get Mr. Eman's comments on the FSIR and he made some good points. First, is the hot drink. I know I put cocoa in mine but some people have asked for the cappuacino mix. I do have several of those in stock, but I figure the cocoa is more what a hot breakfast drink should be. Second, crackers and PB/cheese; does anybody prefer the PB over cheese? And lastly, the nut-raisin mix, I seem to have the field split on this item. I for one are at a loss on what I could replace this with. Most of the other items I can switch with another civilian item that is comparable but nut-raisin mix is an item I'm struggling with.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
I'm good either way with PB or cheese, just put cheese with veg crackers and PB with the plain to better complement each pair. I too, am ok with the cocoa, but I figured, it'd be nice to have an extra drink, be it an energy drink, or a cappuccino, the latter being nice for the end of the day around the campfire. Lastly, in lieu of the nut mix, mebbe throw an extra snack, ie meat stick, raisins, fig bar, or if ya can find them still, the good ole oatmeal block, or dare I say, a pack of hard candy like charms :mrgreen:

chaosmagnet

Post by chaosmagnet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Just got my order of three Treesuit FSIRs. I haven't had a chance to open one up yet, but I am impressed with what I see. I've seen any number of civilian MRE-type foods that were not as well-packaged. The extremely readable contents are a very nice touch.