Scenario time...

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Cracker
eBay name: tedtielemans

Re: Scenario time...

Post by Cracker » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm

If I was invading a country, I would most definetly use military ration parts, or from an outdoor store.

Reason: longer shelfelife, more immune to temperature differences, good nutritional value, more compact packaging..

But you can compose a lot yourself.. if you need civil stuff.. get some "filling" food, with vitamines etc.. like soup, ready to eat meals etc. Add meat products for proteins. Add biscuits with spread for breakfast and snacking. Add candy to boost calories and help with moral. Nuts can be used as a "slow" energy source.. you can eat it nut for nut to fight boredom on the move.

Always add salt to prevent dehydration (or water poisoning). You can also brush your teeth with it.
Add beverage powders for the taste, but they are not a priority. But a good ration helps to keep the spirit up.
Actually, food is probably one of the most important items in a war situation. Without food, your soldiers will loose fitness, health (become vulnerable for deseases etc), and loose moral. A lack of (good) food will simply cause a fullscale feeling of misery. This will cause critical problems.
Sure, someone may one day kill me with my own gun.
But they'll have to beat me to death with it because it's empty.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

biscuits brown

Post by biscuits brown » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Cracker wrote: A lack of (good) food will simply cause a fullscale feeling of misery. This will cause critical problems.
My ex used to cook like that too.

PanzerDivision666

Post by PanzerDivision666 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Sir- been there, done that. and didn't need to be headed off to combat. i simply was broke and homeless( there's that damned word again...)
My 24 hour kits were packed for when i had to go and do stuff like: hunt for a job, do laundry, ect. and this would require me to be on the move all day. Now, as a rule, i always carry a full day of food with me(water, too.)wherever i go- no exception.
My typical kit was as follows:

1 small can chunked chicken w/ chicken ramen noodles
1 can Beenie Weenies
1 can generic beef stew/chunky soup
1 pack, peanut butter crackers
1 pack, cheese crackers
1 pack Cheeze-its
1 pack chocolate pudding
1 pack tapioca pudding
1 pack applesauce
1 pack Fig Newtons
3 packs of drink mixes( tea, lemonade, ect.)
1 pack of chewing gum
1 pack dried friut/ fruit snacks
1 pack salted peanuts
1 small bag beef jerky

I know, not very appetizing. i tried whenever money allowed to change up the items but alot of the time, this is what i ate, and even then, i always felt hungry.