Sopakco's and more

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
trueoptimist

Sopakco's and more

Post by trueoptimist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I tried and have pictures of some sopakco 12's and a fsr italian sandwich so i'll post a review as soon as i have some free time... while you're waiting enjoy this picture of a bunny! :D
funny-pictures-principal-kitteh.jpg
funny-pictures-principal-kitteh.jpg (19.74 KiB) Viewed 9214 times

dirtbag

Re: Sopakco's and more

Post by dirtbag » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Mmmmm, Fried Wabbit!!! :mrgreen:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

Cracker
eBay name: tedtielemans

Post by Cracker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:36 am

Still very fluffy despite of the freezedried vacuum packing method.. :wink:

Pics of rations are always welcome; the second best way to "check" rations.
Sure, someone may one day kill me with my own gun.
But they'll have to beat me to death with it because it's empty.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

biscuits brown

Post by biscuits brown » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:42 pm

watch it they go for the throat. They laugh at 7.62mm

trueoptimist

Post by trueoptimist » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:48 pm

To tide you over some more, here are pics and review of bumblebee lunch on the run. next up will be hormel compleats chicken marinara... you do realize I said sopakcos and MORE, right?

My first guess would be that this is bumblebee's comeback for starkist's lunch-to-go. Crackers were like normal ritz only 40% or so thinner, most likely so they fit in the package... they all had small tidbits broken off, my guess is that this was caused because the package had taken probaly taken abuse since there was a dent in it anyway. tuna itself was just like the tuna salad found in starkist's lunch to go only it had less onion and was a little more creamy. I perfer the starkist tuna salad better but this was still good. The choco chip cookie was good, it had nothing special about it exept for the fact that the chocolate chips were more like big chunks. The peaches were very sweet (they were in sugery syrup) and just about the same as any canned peaches, tasty. the entire meal was 510 calories and I payed 2.50 for it at walmart. overall pretty good. p.s. pics are in next post, it said "the extension bmp is not allowed and wouldent let me do it in this one... :shock:

trueoptimist

Post by trueoptimist » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Ok big problem here... I was gonna put pics here cause when i put the 2 pics in previous post it showed the same one twice so I deleted that and tried to redo and it said "the extension bmp is not allowed"... :evil: :evil: :x :x :o :evil: :cry: :cry: :evil: I'll put up pics as soon as I can but that's easier to say then do atm, so I can't put pics up untill sombody shows me how to... :? .

housil

Post by housil » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 am

trueoptimist wrote:...so I can't put pics up untill sombody shows me how to... :? .
I personaly upload them here -> http://picr.de/

You will get a link, copy and paste it to here and you will see that pic in your posting.

That´s OK?

cablemonkey
eBay name: clanrat

Post by cablemonkey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:10 am

Along the same idea, I use imageshack.us. Free and easy.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:29 am

I'd recommend not using .bmp files at all - they're usually pretty huge in size compared to .jpg files. Just re-save the files as .jpg and the uploading should work fine.

As for hosting your pics on external sites like housil mentioned, that'll work, too. Personally, I like it better when the pics are posted/hosted directly here because it drives me crazy when I pull up an old post and see the picture links have gone dead because the pics were too old or expired off the external server.

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:25 pm

That wabbit looks tender enough. Add some potatoes ,carrots.... a wabbit stew...yummmmm!!!
:mrgreen:
"Live long and prosper..."