major surplus mre's

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
iowaskeeter

major surplus mre's

Post by iowaskeeter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 pm

does anybody have any experience with the mre's from major surplus? i was just wondering.

Bugoutgrub

Re: major surplus mre's

Post by Bugoutgrub » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Don't know if you ever got a reply on this one. I've seen those same rations at cheaperthandirt.com. I believe they're packaged by VooDoo Tactical. Not bad overall, though a little pricey. They all come with the same rye crackers which are pretty good if you soak 'em in the entree (and you'll have to soak 'em, because the civilian packaging allows them to get stale pretty quick). The spoon's a little flimsy -- not the usual MRE utensil. If you can get past the price, it's not bad.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MRE312-1.html

I notice majorsurplus.com has lowered the price from $99 to $69.

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:50 am

Bugoutgrub wrote:Don't know if you ever got a reply on this one. I've seen those same rations at cheaperthandirt.com. I believe they're packaged by VooDoo Tactical. Not bad overall, though a little pricey. They all come with the same rye crackers which are pretty good if you soak 'em in the entree (and you'll have to soak 'em, because the civilian packaging allows them to get stale pretty quick). The spoon's a little flimsy -- not the usual MRE utensil. If you can get past the price, it's not bad.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MRE312-1.html

I notice majorsurplus.com has lowered the price from $99 to $69.
Oh man, these are the ONLY ones I can get besides sopakco mres.

They are pretty good but there's nothing authentic about them.

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:26 pm

I have bought alot of various things from Major Surplus and to conclude them as a business I would rate them a 7/10 - it would be 10/10 if they had better MRE's for a better price (And if they didn't sell outdated medical items such as antiseptic creams 2 years past exp.... seems unprofessional at least.)

-Major Surplus's MRE's completely lack menu variation, and side item variation. :?

-They have those crappy "energy bars" with 400 calories and 4grams of trans-fat each. :x
-The only thing cool about those bars is they are vacuum sealed and if packed say 2009 they will last till 2014 and really in my opinion much, much longer and they have I believe 8 grams of protein each which isn't too bad considering how most of those high fat, high carb items always lack ANY protein.

-They have different "Flavor's" but in reality its the same bar with different artificial things flavoring them.

I say if you cannot find genuine military rations and have to resort to civilian market ones with less calories and a higher price tag then I say go with Sopakco or MRE-c's.

-WORST PART IS: They no longer have HEATERS in them!! I just checked and this further concludes (In my opinion) that Major Surplus's MRE's are a complete waste of money at :!: 69.99 PLUS shipping! :evil: