Single Heater Meals?

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
fdsman

Single Heater Meals?

Post by fdsman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm looking for specific Heater Meals Plus, but I'm only looking to buy three specifics, does anyone know where they sell singles?

MCIera

Re: Single Heater Meals?

Post by MCIera » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:31 am

Gosh, haven't seen a Heater Meal in a retail store since the Y2K days. I suppose you could check local outdoors and military surplus stores. If you google "Heater Meals Plus" you'll come up with several online vendors that do sell the Plus' individually. The first one that I came across was http://www.theenergykit.com/Products5.asp , they even sell the heater elements and salt water packages separately in the event that you want to assemble your own. Assembling your own is not as far fetched as it may seem, other than the entree component, everything else is a commercially available product. As for the entree component, the Hormel Compleats would be a viable substitute and it is available in your local grocery store.

You'll probably pay as much for shipping as you will for the products though.
fdsman wrote:I'm looking for specific Heater Meals Plus, but I'm only looking to buy three specifics, does anyone know where they sell singles?

QMGE81A
eBay name: j-a-smith

Post by QMGE81A » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Turns out Heater Meals are made like 20 mins from my house. I see them available individually at a lot of truck stops in the area. You may want to try a truck stop near you. If you don't have any luck, let me know and I will buy a few and ship them your way.

https://heatermeals.com/cart/contactus.php

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 am

Oh crap why didn't I buy it when I had the chance, now the website is defunct!