New Hormel Compleats

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
MCIera

New Hormel Compleats

Post by MCIera » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Seems that Hormel has introduced a variation to their rather successful line of Compleats. They come with a greenish themed packaging (it's on the Hormel website as well.) The new line features 2 beef and 2 chicken based dishes and is intended to provide a "healthier" appeal with reduced fat and sodium content (about half compared to a regular Compleats.) They also differ from the original Compleats in that this new line is processed by Lakeside foods of Plainview MN, rather than by Rochelle Foods of Rochelle IL who makes the red themed packages. Looks like they came out in April or May, I just noticed them at Wally World this afternoon, (the closest Super WalMart to me is 25 miles away.)

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:59 pm

I can verify that claim. I saw them at a local Dollar store and local Safeway just last week. I only saw the chicken version, but it looked like something to seriously try. If I see one again I'll snag it. :)

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:25 pm

I picked up a few of those new Compleats at the local Walmart last week. I haven't had a chance to try them or take pictures yet, but I will soon.