2023 MKS Meal Kit Supply MRE - Top of It's Class

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
steve1989
eBay name: -

2023 MKS Meal Kit Supply MRE - Top of It's Class

Post by steve1989 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:32 am

MKS is better than ever. It's been 5 or 6 years since my last review for them. Figured, why not check out their product and see what's new. Current menu list had me sold.

Oatmeals are govt' spec - they use 'em in those Meal, Halals and I say they're way better than the old school apple maple oatmeal from the T-pack UGR's & whatnot.
Plus, they got 2 coffees in those menus. Bill's Brew. Not Deep Rich, a tea bag, or just fruit flavored beverage bases.

Actually, all the components are now government spec in this case.

They've got chocolate protein powder. On it's own? Eh.
But if you add a couple creamers, or peanut butter, melted butter, or break up an oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie in, the fat integrates beautifully with it. Turns it into a whole new and very much improved component. Only 1.5g fat on it's own, but again, if you add extra fat.. it's fantastic.

4 breakfasts. You'll actually want to eat them. Nothing weird or out of place. No mismatched components - and the other 8 menus are super filling. Calorie content varies. One pork patty breakfast is light. But some of the dinner menus run 2-300 calories higher than your average standard US MRE.

I want to review a 3 meal set for a video soon. I'm sure Meal Kit Supply won't mind. Hopefully they can link the video up to their site like the 2017! Man that was one of the best turnouts. Felt good. I'm ready to give them another solid high marks review.

Did the case unboxing already and a breakfast after getting home from a camping trip. Got another breakfast, maple patty, in my rucksack for the next outing.

Bout to do the 3 meal set. It should be a straight forward stock project.

Did a few photo sets. Beef ravioli is the first one here. Got all the images reduced to 60% already. Really not a ton to type about in commentary, but I can say this: the MREs taste way better when this fresh. You're not finding govt' spec MREs this fresh, and if you did? The retailer selling them would likely be charging $200-$300 for the case. Not including some outrageous shipping price.

MKS is a flat $200 in the US. It's well worth it, especially since rations got more expensive, along with everything else that people buy due to inflation. I'd say it's more than reasonable, while allowing them to make some profit.

I'm not a paid spokesperson, nor would I ever accept money for a shoutout at any given point in my life. MKS was always cool and I support that company.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230428-180202_Samsung Notes.jpg
20230510_120339.jpg
20230510_120328.jpg
20230510_121303.jpg
20230510_122754.jpg
20230510_122859.jpg
20230510_123151.jpg
20230510_124828.jpg

Smitty

Re: 2023 MKS Meal Kit Supply MRE - Top of It's Class

Post by Smitty » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:56 am

A few years back CT and I got lucky buying cases of 2014’s and they accidentally sent 2019’s. I ate through them dang fast. When it comes to civilian offerings, I like their stuff the best. I especially love that oatmeal. Hot or cold, I enjoy it.

Right on man, love seeing these write ups!
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/