Civilian Ration Comparison

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Smitty

Civilian Ration Comparison

Post by Smitty » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:42 am

My good buddy Canadian Trucker put out this video. A good comparison of civilian MRE cases.

All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Civilian Ration Comparison

Post by Amelieee1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:23 am

This is worth a watch even if civvie rats don't interest you.
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

needmorechicken

Post by needmorechicken » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 pm

A little surprised he didn't add Minotaur Trading Co. into the mix, but either way very informative and a video we all needed. I was also surprised how similar the Meal Kit Supply contents are to the US military's; I would not have expected theirs to be one of the closest in comparison but given the price point I guess it makes sense.
What did the sick casket say to the other sick casket?..
"that you coffin?"

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Korey you got that right
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:30 pm

needmorechicken wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 pm
A little surprised he didn't add Minotaur Trading Co. into the mix, but either way very informative and a video we all needed. I was also surprised how similar the Meal Kit Supply contents are to the US military's; I would not have expected theirs to be one of the closest in comparison but given the price point I guess it makes sense.
I think because Bob hasn't offered a case for awhile. Not since MRENation, and the stock of those were running low mid 2019.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

needmorechicken

Post by needmorechicken » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Smitty wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:30 pm
needmorechicken wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 pm
I think because Bob hasn't offered a case for awhile. Not since MRENation, and the stock of those were running low mid 2019.
Are you sure? I swear they're available on the MTC website for 139.95 but I recently saw someone unbox one and it was mostly multiple pizza menus and other relatively boring ones like beef stew or something, so maybe that's why he didn't lol.
"that you coffin?"

Dekard

Post by Dekard » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Is Minotaur Trading Company Black Dog Bob's new company?

needmorechicken

Post by needmorechicken » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Dekard wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:20 pm
Is Minotaur Trading Company Black Dog Bob's new company?
Yes it is.
"that you coffin?"

Teddydogno1

Post by Teddydogno1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 pm

Smitty wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:30 pm

What does this mean about MRENation? I bought a case of MRENation rations from them just last month. I think I'm missing something.

Rob

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Teddydogno1 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 pm
What does this mean about MRENation? I bought a case of MRENation rations from them just last month. I think I'm missing something.
What meals did you get? Everything is sold out now but on my check ins, there’s been only a few meals here and there. It looks like beef ravioli and PB&J

In 2019, the world was your oyster.
All the best, Gents.