Civilian Ration Comparison

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Teddydogno1

Re: Civilian Ration Comparison

Post by Teddydogno1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:57 pm

I had no idea I was getting unwanted old stock or "dregs".

The case has:
Lentil Stew w/ Ham
Chicken Gumbo
Pasta Marinara
Southwest Chicken Stew
Cheese Tortelini
Pinto Stew with Ham
Filled French Toast
Chicken and Rice
Chicken and Noodles
Pepperoni Pizza (x3)

So the assortment is OK except for the 3 pizza. (I guess the pizza was more anticipated than enjoyed from what I have read). The only one with a date sticker says "Inspection Date 2/2024" or something like that.

I had previously bought a 3 pack (May 2020) and got Pepperoni Pizza, Pasta Marinara and Chocolate Muffin Top. These 3 all had dates on the stickers...inspection dates 2/22 and 12/22. So basically what should have been fresh from the manufacturer were actually over a year old already. I had opened the Pasta already and the main has a date code of 20107 or something like that while some of the smaller components had 2017 and 2018 dates (7xxx and 8xxx).

I had bought these based on previous reviews of MRE Nation. Had no idea they had apparently fallen off.

Rob
Last edited by Teddydogno1 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Not too bad. Complete surprise considering all the out of stocks for the last year. Seemed most stock was on his other website: Minotaur. Date of manufacture relatively recent?
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Teddydogno1

Post by Teddydogno1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:08 pm

I don't see manufacture dates on the outside and have not opened any from the case yet. I suppose I should.

Rob