Cheeseburger in a can Part 2

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
PanzerDivision666

Re: Cheeseburger in a can Part 2

Post by PanzerDivision666 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:52 pm

ummm..... never tried one. It's a novel idea, don't get me wrong. I've heard horror stories from my pop about the infamous "beans and mother@#$ers" he'd been eating while hunting Charlie and his nasty little cousin, Nathaniel Victor, but this is lethal looking.
I had actually thought about buying some of these online, but after seeing this posting, I'm gonna pass.
I'll save my money for Knob Creek, where i can buy enough MREs in one sitting to build you a decent bunker.
I think the grossest thing I ever ate out of a can was from a company called Banner, and it as a pull-top can of sausage. Now, i thought that when you open this up, it would be divided into patties, but NO- I opened it up to find something that looked like potted meat...
So what the hell did i do? I grabbed a spoon, and took a huge bite :shock:
It was like eating a big mouthful of lard, and utterly disgusting.
I'll eat an entire MCI of questionable vintage before I touch that again....

hillbilly37

Post by hillbilly37 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:38 pm

I will be at Knob Creek machine gun shoot also in April, we go every yr, not to buy MRE's but everything else.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Banner sausage could probably be characterized as "southern chorizo in a can". Seriously, the texture when fully cooked is almost identical to chorizo (mexican style) but without the vinegary taste and with better (to me) spicing.

If you do try banner, cook it until all liquids are absorbed and the fat runs off. The texture should be somewhat dry rather than soupy. If you like spicy breakfast sausage, you will probably find it acceptable and possibly delicious.
It should be cooked?...
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO