MORE Hot Weather Pack 1 snacking

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Teddydogno1

MORE Hot Weather Pack 1 snacking

Post by Teddydogno1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 pm

While watching the Seahawks play today, I decided to open one of my MORE rations for my game snacks. This was a fresh "Type II: Hot Weather Pack 1" with a date code of 7276.

Contents:
Caffeine Chocolate Pudding
Dried Cranberries (Osmotic)
Energy Gel, Mixed Berry (there are two in my pack, which I believe is an error)
Snack, Filled Pretzels, Cheddar
Beverage, Carb Electro (2) (Lime and Orange)

The Cheddar Cheese filled pretzels are pretty tasty. Not much different from a commercial product, except may a little bit drier. Good.
The Cranberries were good, too. There were actually too many in the bag for me to eat them all, though.
I quite enjoyed the caffeinated pudding. It had a "dark chocolate" taste, or maybe there was a touch of added bitterness from the caffeine. Daughter took one little lick and declared it "not good."

I mixed up the Lime drink in its drink bag with 12 oz of water as instructed. Actually, I could not quite get 12 oz in there and it was "over the line" (mark it zero). This amount of water made the drink WAY too weak. I think 8 oz would have been better...MAYBE 10. When I do the Orange I will for sure use less water.

The Energy Gel is just weird. I may not have kneaded it enough, but there was a small amount of liquid and the rest was a thick. lumpy jelly paste. Not smooth like the pudding or the peanut butter in other rations. The flavor was not too intense or too sweet. Not like jam at all. I think it would be fine for its intended purpose of sucking it down while on the march.

Rob

elandil

Re: MORE Hot Weather Pack 1 snacking

Post by elandil » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 pm

watching the game is a good time to snack. Good review, very descriptive. Thanks for posting it.

Teddydogno1

Post by Teddydogno1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Thanks for the comments. I see there are a lot of views, but few (none till now) comments. Makes me wonder if people find the "review" interesting or useful at all.

Rob

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Rob,

Yeah people read the reviews but next time definitely eat the ration while enjoying the outdoors. Not to put down your review, it was interesting, but while your doing some hiking, biking, trail running, or out for a stroll with the kids do a review that way. Also pictures are really good helps us readers follow the story you are telling.

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Teddydogno1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:04 pm
Thanks for the comments. I see there are a lot of views, but few (none till now) comments. Makes me wonder if people find the "review" interesting or useful at all.

Rob
Indeed we do. Great review. Cool to hear other peoples take on items. I think most just read and don't comment.
I also didnt care for the cheese pretzels or the energy gel. Otherwise a fun snack bag.
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------