Survival ration GP used in 2018. by US Armed Forces

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
[ex-Member1]

Re: Feedback - Buy/Sell/Trade

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 am

BTemple wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:42 am
The "some guy" that Drew spoke to was someone from the manufacturer, who I would assume would know what they are talking about.
I have never heard of reproduction or fake FPSGP's, and I can assure you that the cornflake bars were made only a couple months ago.
In that case Drew can answer what kind of rations are in use right now is it a foil bag one or the box ration and yet he never did that. And I asked it more then once since I don't really care about cornflake bars mate and all I can see is him patronizing me I wanted to know are those rations genuine issue or a reproduction (or are those ration even in use today) I understand the bars are made by the original company.

To be more clear imagine French RCIR last batch anyone has seen was 2013.

All of the items can be found in the stores. I go to France and buy all of the items, produce RCIR boxes and I put the date on them as 2018.

Is my RCIR genuine one or reproduction?

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: Feedback - Buy/Sell/Trade

Post by BTemple » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:22 am

Asger wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 am
BTemple wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:42 am
The "some guy" that Drew spoke to was someone from the manufacturer, who I would assume would know what they are talking about.
I have never heard of reproduction or fake FPSGP's, and I can assure you that the cornflake bars were made only a couple months ago.
In that case Drew can answer what kind of rations are in use right now is it a foil bag one or the box ration and yet he never did that. And I asked it more then once since I don't really care about cornflake bars mate and all I can see is him patronizing me I wanted to know are those rations genuine issue or a reproduction (or are those ration even in use today) I understand the bars are made by the original company.

To be more clear imagine French RCIR last batch anyone has seen was 2013.

All of the items can be found in the stores. I go to France and buy all of the items, produce RCIR boxes and I put the date on them as 2018.

Is my RCIR genuine one or reproduction?
I think you're just reading a little too much into this, I didn't perceive what Drew responded with to be patronizing at all.
Drew did not produce those boxes himself, but I don't know for sure what particular type of survival ration the US military is using this year or the next one.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Drew78

Re: Survival ration GP used in 2018. by US Armed Forces

Post by Drew78 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Asger,

I am just trying to explain it. Sorry if I am not clear..I am not trying to be patronizing at all dude...I am glad this stuff is brought up. These bars and boxes cant be bought by the public. They are only made per Military order , which was just received this past december, the bars were produced in may,(along with the rest of the bars that go in the box). At the same time I was able to sneak in my order with the military order. The boxes havent even been put together yet for the military order, (which will be done over next 3 months sometime, and sent to military) thats why the rushed making the boxes for me and didnt stamp a date on mine.

These bars and boxes are only used for one specific purpose by Military, So there would be no reason for military to order a huge batch of boxes again unless they are being used. I mentioned I dont know how yours fits into the scheme of things... maybe they are a new version being tested to possibly replace the box version in future... But I am positive, these are brand new, ordered by military, and being used.. and this is directly from the source (Newview Oklahoma, who has the contract to fill these NSN# orders) ...
I will reach out to my contact with your pic and see if he has any idea of the production and use of the foil packs you show... I hope you understand clearer now.. Why would a brand new batch of these bars and boxes be made recently, which is only used for one specific thing by military, and cant be produced otherwise.... be made then? Not sure what else I can say to clear up any other issues you have...Let me know if you are still have any questions. Thx

Drew

[ex-Member1]

Re: Survival ration GP used in 2018. by US Armed Forces

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:49 pm

OK, thank you. Please do share any future information you find out. My personal opinion is the other ration in a foil bag is much better packaged, but the contents of the classic survival ration in the box are way better. There is more then one type of the bars and they are packaged individually.

In the foil bag it's the same kind, separated by very thin wrapping inside of the main pack