2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Re: 2015 MCW Breakfast Skillet

Post by Conrad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:08 pm

MCW hot sauce
Attachments
IMG_20170820_104826.jpg

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Guys,

Yep that's the one I saw and had. Also the plain generic ketchup and mustard. Though with the freeze dried coffee, there seems to be a 50-50 mix of the plain white version and standard, plain tan/brown ones, much like the ones that were in the MCI's.

As for the protein power shakes, I've just seen the chocolate ones. No other version, must be something of a trial run.

With that being said, I'm curious if anybody has seen these in the First Strike Rations. I would imagine a protein drink would be more suited in a FSR than a normal MRE. MCW I can understand as well, as you may be burning up more calories in the winter and need to replenish them.

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Post by Conrad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 am

Treesuit wrote:Guys,

Yep that's the one I saw and had. Also the plain generic ketchup and mustard. Though with the freeze dried coffee, there seems to be a 50-50 mix of the plain white version and standard, plain tan/brown ones, much like the ones that were in the MCI's.

As for the protein power shakes, I've just seen the chocolate ones. No other version, must be something of a trial run.

With that being said, I'm curious if anybody has seen these in the First Strike Rations. I would imagine a protein drink would be more suited in a FSR than a normal MRE. MCW I can understand as well, as you may be burning up more calories in the winter and need to replenish them.
I have never got an FSR myself, not really available here, I'd have to get US based guys to send one but from what I understand of them, the protein drink seems ideal for their intended application

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Conrad,

Yep, you would think that the protein drinks would be put into a FSR, but I have a few early ones and I have never seen one in them. Seems manufactures only want to put high energy goop-y like drinks in the FSR's than more protein based items. I could never figure that out. That and a high assortment of carbohydrates.