Figured I would try one of my MCWs: 2016 Menu no.1 beef stroganoff with noodles

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
stayCOLD87
eBay name: rawitkowski2

Figured I would try one of my MCWs: 2016 Menu no.1 beef stroganoff with noodles

Post by stayCOLD87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Just a gander at the menu no. 1 beef stroganoff with noodles. Was just as good as I remembered it, the sides are different though, specially since it came with a trans fat free caramel apple ranger bar, and I really gotta say, it was probably the best modern MRE/MCW side I have had to date. The taste was (to me) definitely gourmet, a perfect balance of apple, cinnamon, and caramel. Also there was a fig bar, cocoa beverage, lemon-lime electrolyte beverage, type III coffee, non dairy creamer, 2 sugars, hot sauce, wet nap, and spoon. It was all really good, it's just that ranger bar stood out the most for me. Has anyone else had this?

Sorry if this review sucked, it's my first one, thought I'd give it a shot.
Will operate for coffee.

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Re: Figured I would try one of my MCWs: 2016 Menu no.1 beef stroganoff with noodles

Post by sourwes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks for sharing your review! I have this meal and it is always good. No review is "bad" and all input from members is welcome. Keep up the good work and happy ration hunting!
it is what it is....

stayCOLD87

Re: Figured I would try one of my MCWs: 2016 Menu no.1 beef stroganoff with noodles

Post by stayCOLD87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:42 pm

sourwes wrote:Thanks for sharing your review! I have this meal and it is always good. No review is "bad" and all input from members is welcome. Keep up the good work and happy ration hunting!
Thanks man, I appreciate that! :mrgreen:
Will operate for coffee.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:38 am

Great first review! Nothing fancy required, we just like hearing other people's experiences with rations. The new trans-fat free ranger bars are good, for sure. I had one of those fig bars in a LRP recently and found it to be pretty good as well. The FD beef stroganoff is one of my favorite MCW/LRP meals. Thanks for sharing!

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

stayCOLD87 - Thanks for the review... always enjoy reviews of menus I personally like... Beef Stroganoff with Noodles being my favorite Mountain House meal.

mahalo

stayCOLD87

Post by stayCOLD87 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:35 pm

alohakid wrote:stayCOLD87 - Thanks for the review... always enjoy reviews of menus I personally like... Beef Stroganoff with Noodles being my favorite Mountain House meal.

mahalo
It's an excellent menu man, always has been one of my favs!
Will operate for coffee.