Top 10 American Ration Accessories

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Zackattack6644

Top 10 American Ration Accessories

Post by Zackattack6644 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Hello all,

Us ration collectors should know that there are a few things among our community that are prized collections. and no its not those rotten old MCI's that you have, its the accessories from various american rations.

Starting at number 10 is the book of matches. You could get a book of matches from any american ration from the K all the way to the MRE, now this is far down on the list becasue some are great and then some are garbage. The ones from the brown foil accessory packs from MCI's are the best cause they light right up with ease.

At number 9 is the famous laxative, i mean chewing gum, chewing gum is a staple in american rations from the k ration stick gum to the chiclet style gum in mres and MCI's. It is loved my most people and gives your mouths that fresh taste and feel.

Number 8 Is the P38, loved by many ration reviewers like steve1989 and hated by those who had to use them day in and day out the humble p38 is a ration staple because it was needed so the average war fighter could consume his beloved meal.

Number 7 is Drink Mixes, ranging from no sugar crap to the dairy shakes and cappuccinos from the mres of today all they way to the coco and the beverage bases of brown bag mres and MCI's. Drink mixes make any ration better cause it gives you something to wash it down with other than water. My two personal favorite are the Coco Beverage powers and the cherry beverage base powders of the Brown Bag Mres.

Number 6 is the last one for today and it is the desserts. From pund cake and brownies to fruitcake and pecan nut rolls in a can the desserts are one of the best parts of american rations but nothing could beat the king and queen of american ration deserts. The Oatmeal Cookie Bar and the Oatmeal Cookie, Chocolate Covered.

What did you guys think? PLease leave me any feed back and let me know if i should put numbers 5-1 up.

Zack

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Re: Top 10 American Ration Accessories

Post by alohakid » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 am

We want 1-5! Thanks for 6-10.

mahalo

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:45 pm

This is certainly an interesting take on the hobby. Folk lore like this can only be properly backed up with sheer documentation though! ;)

I can envision some various pictures for supporting each of these on the list.

Much like your Beef in Spiced Sauce MCI Review, we are left yearning for the photos! Don't do this to us...! heheheh :lol:

Carry on to 1-5 - Mahalo and I are dyin' over here!

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 am

Zackattack6644 - Where's 1-5??? I'm blue, from holding my breath... steve1989 already passed out!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mahalo

WOOHOO my 200th post!!!

mirrorman

Post by mirrorman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:33 am

your 5 -1 .. is coming .. soon?? :(