MCI Pork Steak

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Zackattack6644

MCI Pork Steak

Post by Zackattack6644 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:05 pm

hello all

I had just opened up an MCI from the mid Vietnam War era, and it was enjoyable. It was a pork steak with a b 3 unit.

The Items were a pork steak, quartered pears, b 3 unit (crackers and candy) and a small can on blackberry jam and the accessory pack.

The crackers were a bit stale and had a metallic taste, however i haven't brought my self to ear one of the vanilla cream disks of doom. The Blackberry jam was the best part it still retained its great flavor after all these years! The quartered pears when i opened up had a great aroma but had looked very discolored. The pork steak I'd prefer not to talk about. The accessory pack had its traditional contents with a Wrigley's ready pack of spearmint gum and a pack of Marlboro reds ( either of which i did not consume ). The matches worked like a charm, I wish the matches in the MRE's were the same as the MCI's.

I apologize for no pictures but i have restored the cans and look forward to more reviews in the future.

If there are any MCI pro reviewers out there can you please give me some tips and tricks for any of these i do in the future?

Thank you all and have a great day!

ZAck

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Re: MCI Pork Steak

Post by shawker71 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 pm

I don't do MCIs but pics would be nice.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Hey Zack!

What an awesome food adventure, huh? Did any of the cans make a nice hiss? :wink:

Don't wannna talk about the Pork Steak, eh? It was that bad, huh. I feel your pain - what has been smelled cannot be un-smelled, right? Did anything grow before your very eyes on it? Did it make you think it was going to grown legs and walk off kindof like something out of The Thing? Did it make you dry heave a little? If you answered yes to any of the above, you deserve a Cookie, Chocolate Covered! 8)

Tips?
Oh man, wear gloves!

And face that can away from you when you hit that P-38 to it - and keep it facing away until after the 2nd blade cut.
Wear a bio mask - even a 3M PT100 from Home Depot will work.

Wear goggles too. You get one drop of that burster in your eye and ya might have some medical bills.

Be very very careful Zack! :)

And yessir, pictures are fun - but I can envision your experience pretty well. Nice score on that jam by the way!

Zackattack6644

Post by Zackattack6644 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Actually Steve some cans did make a nice hiss
And I was afraid that the pork was going to bote me.

Thanks for the tips I'll use them for my next review and will definitely include pics this time

Zack