2013 MCW chili mac with beef

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

2013 MCW chili mac with beef

Post by Conrad » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Today I figured I wasn't going to have time to stop and get any sort of decent food and it was cold-ish so this MCW was looking real attractive.
And it proved very effective, and after eating it at 12.00 I've yet to feel like eating anything else at 19.30ish .

It was, as the title suggests, the chili Mac version. I'm sorry for not have pictures of it made up but I opened it before leaving then put the stuff back in the bag.

It contained:

-chilli mac freeze dried main meal

-crackers (stayed fresh and intact)

-accessory pack ( with Tabasco, that makes me happy )

-mocha cappuccino beverage

-M&Ms peanut (compromised)

-bacon cheese spread

-toasted corn kernels

-spoon

The chili mac itself was perfectly palatable on it's own but with the addition of the Tabasco it became something much better.
I added some broken up cracker bits, which in my opinion worked well.
Towards the end of eating the chilli mac I added some of the cheese spread which I'd kept in my pants pocket to warm up. That was OK but didn't improve it.

The coffee was... Drinkable with the sugar added but that's about it. I'd be glad of it in a survival situation though.

The M&Ms were compromised as the likes of steve1989 and gundog say

The mocha cappuccino beverage was tasty

Toasted corn kernels... I've never had those before. It's not a thing we have in Ireland but I liked them. It tasted like eating corn flakes cereal dry with a little salt.

All round I liked this ration.
Attachments
IMG_20170123_111836.jpg
IMG_20170123_182321.jpg

[ex-Member1]

Re: 2013 MCW chili mac with beef

Post by [ex-Member1] » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Good thing about this entree it's big. But MRE chili mac is much better meal.

I had MCW version once but looking at others it seems the beans never get rehydrated enough.

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Re: 2013 MCW chili mac with beef

Post by Conrad » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Asger wrote:Good thing about this entree it's big. But MRE chili mac is much better meal.

I had MCW version once but looking at others it seems the beans never get rehydrated enough.

You know what, mine didn't do too bad actually . But I'm a rough old unit so my own personal setup might have glossed over it , and I left it about 20 minutes too.