Survival Ration Packet GP 2013

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
[ex-Member1]

Survival Ration Packet GP 2013

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Package

Contents
Tea - Lipton: very nice mint flavor dark tea
2 Sugars - Domino
Chicken soup - very bad, smelled weird, looked weird and it's chicken so I didn't try it
Candy - Lifesavers: first time to try them, great mints
4 survival bars - to my suprise no chocolate bar etc like it was in box survival rations where you get individualy wraped bars... this was in sealed vacuumed bag inside the main bag, inside there are 4 bars wrapped with thin foil, no vacuume seal... strange smell, but very nice taste... oily but crumbly... very similar to halva

If someone wants to see more pictures they are on our Facebook page:

cavguy

Re: Survival Ration Packet GP 2013

Post by cavguy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Very interesting ration! I have never seen on of these before! The CAGE code comes back to a company called; SPECIALTY PRODUCTS & SERVICES INC , it seems like they assemble and package survival kits for the US Military. I can imagine that this kit is from one of the newer USAF/Army aviation survival kits.

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:48 pm

I could not find anything about this SRP-GP, only about the previous version in the box

The new one also have more calories then the old version. But you don't get goodies like chocolate bar. This is awesome package but the price of it is insane.

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:03 am

video

Hardtack

Post by Hardtack » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:04 pm

A great find! I'm a fan of those rations. It looks like they wanted to have something that met the original specs for the ration or close to it. I have had some of the old ones that had a mint bar that was really just a solid bar of certs candy. It was alot of minty candy to eat in one sitting and difficult to break into pieces. That ration bars in your ration look like commercial survival lifeboat/aircraft/rations like SOS, Mainstay or Datrex brands. Using commercial ration bars was likely a cost savings as the original ration had bars with different flavors, oat, corn flakes, chocolate chip. I think I have seen the soup mix in MRE accessory packs before. Using a tea bag and separate sugar probably gives it a better quality shelf life than the original drink mix.

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Hardtack wrote:That ration bars in your ration look like commercial survival lifeboat/aircraft/rations like SOS, Mainstay or Datrex brands.
I never tried them so I can't tell wich brand it was but if you ever get that info please do tell.