LRP - Beef Stroganoff

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
[ex-Member1]

LRP - Beef Stroganoff

Post by [ex-Member1] » Tue May 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I got this entree from the Long Range Patrol thanks to Gundog4314

I never seen LRP ration and the same goes to Mountain House food. I wanted to try this one on a offroad trip but I've noticed the bag became somehow loose since it had been with me, it came as hard vacuumed bag and it seems I made it take some air by trying to read text on it. Since I've noticed some air did get into bag I decided to try it, better then throw it away if it gets bad - 3 or 4 days of small amount of air shouldn't do much damaged but testing it further of that didn't had much logic.

click on the thumbs to gett bigger picture

So this is how it looks packaged, you can notice the vacuum isn't that hard as it should be. Or as I remember it when it came to me in perfect shape.

Date code saying the product was manufactured on October 11, 2015. What to say but thanks Gundog, can't be any fresher then this.

Nutrition facts and ingredients
Image Image Image

When opened it looks like this
Image Image

After adding 0.4L of warm water and mixing it together a bit, it says wait for 10 minutes

After 10 minutes it looked like this
Image Image Image

When i got to the half of it I helped myself with some Aur di Balanesti cognac I got from my friend from Moscow. American food and Moldavian drink.

Beef stroganoff had strong mushroom taste to sour cream sauce and I liked that. Beef was as you expected from a food like this but I can't say anything bad about it. Noodles where better then I expected. Amount of food you get from one of these is amazing. Another thing I like is the food stayed warm even after 10 minutes of rehidration and it was just as it need to be, any hotter of that would be too much. I believe it's bag design and material that gave it's best to keep temperature high.

Taste reminded me much about one commercial meal we have in our stores (but without beef and that slight beef taste provided by the small amount of the beef stock that was in LRP beef stroganoff)

This long rat meal with some crackers would make me very happy man in some wilderness or sitting in a trench. If I was living in USA I would always had pair of these in my rucksack or in a car.

housil

Re: LRP - Beef Stroganoff

Post by housil » Tue May 03, 2016 1:52 pm

I have had it too, it´s a great dish!
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5481&#p41334

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue May 03, 2016 5:22 pm

I had that in a MCW I did a quick and dirty review on, when my camera died on me.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5765&p=42964&hilit ... off#p42964

Yeah, it's one of my favorite FD entrees. Real good, nice flavor, didn't need Tabasco, but it made it a little more special.

Great review, looking forward to the next one. ;)

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Nice work, Asger! :D

That is a great menu - I have shared most of the ones I have gotten but I believe I have had two of them so far for myself.

LRP's and MCW's are always in high demand and for good reason - they're some of the best!

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Wed May 04, 2016 1:15 am

Great review Asger! :D

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Wed May 04, 2016 8:44 am

Thanks guys.

I need to give thanks again for Gundog for sending me this entree after finding out I don't eat poultry he got idea to help me out with this entree alone. But I still have one LRP scrambled eggs with bacon he sent me unpacked. First LRP's ever in our country thanks to him :D