New Generation Survival Ration

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
steve1989
eBay name: -

New Generation Survival Ration

Post by steve1989 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey guys, I first want to mention I got this from Gundog in a fantastic trade recently, thanks again man! Anyways, he got it from a guy named Jerry Sullivan out in Ohio - that fellow might still have some LRP's left and along with other really incredible Military Surplus and he told me to share his E-mail so here is his contact info: sully607a@gmail.com Really amazing guy - does money orders and is an honest dude. Hopefully if anyone happens to contact him they will be able to have the great business transaction like I did with the fellow.

Anyways, back to the Ration!

Here is what I suspect is an unusual prototype to the modern Food Packet, Survival, General Purpose. Those FPSGP's were originally produced by Cincinnati Association For The Blind around the late 70's, then they changed their company name to The Oklahoma League For The Blind in 1981, continued with that title until 2011 and are now simply called Newview - they are in the same location too and produce a fantastic Survival Ration.

This one here is produced by Sterling Foods out in San Antonio, Texas - I am not sure what is inside of this Ration but I am pretty certain it is the same stuff as a Food Packet Survival General Purpose and I this one here is now in an exclusive and safe collection and will not be opened.

Still, I thought it was worth sharing - always neat seeing something new even if it is most likely a variation or "clone" of a Ration we have all already seen.

Thanks for looking and let's try & figure this one out!
Attachments
DSCN7738.JPG
DSCN7739.JPG
DSCN7741.JPG
DSCN7743.JPG
Sorry, this one is kinda blurry.
DSCN7740.JPG

steve1989
eBay name: -

Re: New Generation Survival Ration

Post by steve1989 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Finally found more info on this!

Check it out - a beautiful stock photo from Natick Food Labs.

https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/sea ... :4f16cv044

Look at this digital commonwealth site - amazing stock photos! This is like a dream for me.
Attachments
001620a.jpg
001620a.jpg (126.58 KiB) Viewed 4414 times