RCW Review - 4A/4B

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
krecon1

RCW Review - 4A/4B

Post by krecon1 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Back at it with these RCWs. I have a 4A breakfast and a 4B lunch/supper to review and assorted bits from other RCWs.
I'll work at this over the week, so let me know if you have emphasis on a particular item within. For fun I opened up a nut and rasin mix that felt like it had lost its vacuum. I was expecting a putrid, rancid mess upon opening, but the nuts were actually in much better shape than I thought. There was a slight rancid order and the rasins more or less melted together. I have smelled worse nuts and rasins after sitting around in a cabinet FWIW - I did not try any of these though.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

steve1989
eBay name: -

Re: RCW Review - 4A/4B

Post by steve1989 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Oh wow, I hadn't realized Ryt-Away Foods also packed RCW's - very cool!

This is fascinating stuff to me - I love RCW's and they are a really great classic U.S. Ration.

I am interested in seeing everything - but especially those Blueberry Fruit Bars!! :D :D \\

I wonder how the 2 oatmeals held up? Also wonder what color the fruit bars are - if oxidized or anything.

Never saw Soup Instant in an actual Military-style pouch like that always remember seeing civilian soup mixes by Campbell added - also very neat.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Krecon! :D