1990'S RCW BAG B MENU#6-Freeze Dried Spaghetti with Sauce

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
dirtbag

Re: 1990'S RCW BAG B MENU#6-Freeze Dried Spaghetti with Sauc

Post by dirtbag » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:59 am

Thats the "Famous" 'Paper A$$hole' ! :lol:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:46 am

Hey Bypah - thankyou so much for sharing your RCW Spaghetti experience! You probably know by now I absolutely go nuts for anything RCW so this post is right up my alley!

Man that sure is some soupy looking spaghetti - I have a sealed Cinpac RCW that is from 1990 - and I think when I crack it open one day, I will use maybe 7oz of water so it's not so darn soup-tastic.

And thankyou Bypah and Noderaser for teaching me what those paper things are for! To keep it sealed whilst it's absorbing water and keeping it warm! I always thought it was like a little bottom for it where you hold it on your palm so it's not so hot on your hand.. but that wouldn't make sense since you're supposed to be in cold weather with gloves on anyways..! Duuhhh! lol! :lol: :D :roll:

I learned something new AND saw a RCW Entree opened! Ya made my day! (Well, night..!)

Noderaser - how are those old Mountainhouse meals holding up? That one looks like it's from like 1998 or something! Hmmm yummy.. Chicken Stew is always a favorite of mine!
I have a 1990 Cinpac Menu 1/b RCW Chicken Stew saved as my "Last Meal" if the world ever ends... no joke! :lol: :D 8)

Great review, Bypah! :)

noderaser
eBay name: noderaser

Post by noderaser » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 pm

steve1989 wrote:Noderaser - how are those old Mountainhouse meals holding up? That one looks like it's from like 1998 or something! Hmmm yummy.. Chicken Stew is always a favorite of mine!
I have a 1990 Cinpac Menu 1/b RCW Chicken Stew saved as my "Last Meal" if the world ever ends... no joke! :lol: :D 8)
They were using Julian date codes on the commercial ones as well; the one pictured is from 10 Oct 2001. Because I opened it for the pictures, I went ahead and heated it up for dinner tonight. It was ok, though some of the chicken didn't reconstitute fully and was a bit chewy/crunchy in spots. Still completely edible, though it seemed to me like the flavor had been toned down a bit. Mountain House claims 10 year shelf life on their website, I think that's probably where I would cut them off.
I'm using my computer's spare resources to help find cures for diseases, analyze astronomical data, render 3D animations, simulate new materials and run climate models--what is your computer doing? http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ Or ask me for help!

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Nordeaser.
As you saw the O ring was attached to one of the cardboards which I used it. I see that the meal you posted it was made in the late 90's early 2000's.
The ones I got don't use that system anymore. You just simply open the bag and the zip it back with a Ziploc type of closure.
:mrgreen:
RCW4 - Copy.jpg
imagesKYNGL05S.jpg
New MH with Ziploc seal. No O rings. Be sure to take out the packet that is inside to keep it dry....lol
imagesKYNGL05S.jpg (13.33 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
MH.jpg
Add hot water, seal it , wait 5 minutes and simply open seal and eat. ;-)
MH.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
"Live long and prosper..."

noderaser
eBay name: noderaser

Post by noderaser » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:35 am

Bypah wrote:Nordeaser.
As you saw the O ring was attached to one of the cardboards which I used it. I see that the meal you posted it was made in the late 90's early 2000's.
It sure looks like it's perforated in the pictures you've posted...
I'm using my computer's spare resources to help find cures for diseases, analyze astronomical data, render 3D animations, simulate new materials and run climate models--what is your computer doing? http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ Or ask me for help!