C-3 Ration Korean War Era B-2 unit March 1952 DoP

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Infantryman71

Re: C-3 Ration Korean War Era B-2 unit March 1952 DoP

Post by Infantryman71 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Does anyone have a "shoebox" C-ration from the Korean War? One is shown in this YouTube flick:

I'm trying to reproduce the box and need to see how it is assembled. Thanks, Ed

mirrorman

Post by mirrorman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Another great review and images, thanks steve1989.

I like the "mothers" on the biscuits. They hope just like mother baked I suppose .. although those look nothing like my mother baked.

mirrorman

Post by mirrorman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Bypah wrote:
Norton wrote:That is very interesting, the crackers are still edible is impressive.
Back in 2002 when I was working in one of the high schools in the OKC metro area we dug out a Civil Defense metal can of crackers from the 60's from the bunker under the school.
Our school was designated as a fall out shelter and had a underground bunker with cases of food, candies, canned water, firts aid kits , geiger counters.You name it completely prepared and most of these items in pristine condition.
The bunker had two entrance hatches like a sub inside the school library. We decides to make a display so we sent some students of the ROTC program to get some items.
As I mentioned we took one of the metal cans of crackers and opened it. The can had a perfect seal and the contents were ok. :shock:
To make the story short I sacrificed myself and ate several of those 40+ year old crackers and they were awesome.
Very hard, salty and satisfying after washing them with some water....lol
And so far 12 years later I'm still alive... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What an interesting piece of history to participate in Bypah.